Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Am I going to get shunned if I say I've eaten eggs with my waffles for breakfast *hides in corner*

I don't eat them on the waffle, just with a waffle as part of breakfast.

I think eggs with waffles as part of the breakfast, is perfectly normal. On top is... different. I guess. I never put anything on my waffles but chocolate chips. (I used to makes designs with the chocolate chips, filling in the squares before I toasted them.)

Wow. To both of you I say something EVEN MORE weird.

I don't eat breakfast. EVER. :laughingsmiley:

I just don't like breakfast foods.

The exception is cereal. ONLY Froot Loops though, but without milk. But I don't eat it like, ever.

But no, I don't like waffles, pancakes, eggs, etc. :sick01:

I love almost all breakfast foods except for eggs, bacon, sausage, that kind of stuff. I prefer breads, pastries and cereal.

I really like having things like eclairs and donuts for breakfast but I rarely get to have them. :(

Getting back to the eggs on the waffles; I've seen them on the menu's of various restaurants, and I just think it is weird. I can see how someone would eat fruits and maybe whip cream on them, but that's about it. I don't like maple syrup either, by the way. But I am not a big waffle eater anyway, so I guess I don't really have a say in that :P

People put eggs on waffles? o_O

That just sounds weird. I've never heard of people putting anything besides syrup, butter, Nutella, ice cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar, fruit or chocolate on waffles.

OK, OK, not just Americans. :P It's just that, since I moved here I've seen a lot of eating habits that just seem weird to me. :P But I guess that will always be the case when you move to the other side of the world. Over here they find it weird that we like to mash our potatoes together with our carrots, or spinach, for example. Oh, the looks that I have gotten. :laughingsmiley: Maybe we are just weird :P

I moved from The Netherlands. :)

If you look at it that way, maybe you are right. But then again, a birthday cake has eggs too but i don't think it would taste very good if you put an egg on that :P

I can't disagree on that. :P I guess if the waffles are rather salty than sweet, it'd make sense. But hey, everyone has different tastes. So all the foods in the world are equally loved. <3

Speaking of pretzels, why is it that some people like big breaded pretzels but not regular pretzels? I mean, I do realize regular pretzels have a different texture than super big pretzels, but they're still bread so I don't get the difference really . . .

Speaking of pretzels, why is it that some people like big breaded pretzels but not regular pretzels? I mean, I do realize regular pretzels have a different texture than super big pretzels, but they're still bread so I don't get the difference really . . .

Whoa, what are super big pretzels? :S

Are they like really big pretzels? :P

EDIT: 1100th post! :king:

Oh man, Auntie Anne's pretzels are amazing. I definitely agree with you there. I LOVE the cinnamon raisin ones.

Soft pretzels are hard ones both have very different tastes and consistencies. While yes they are both bread, that's like saying you like soft white sandwich bread so you automatically like chibatta bread because they are both bread. Not the same at all.

Whoa, what are super big pretzels? :S

Are they like really big pretzels? :P

EDIT: 1100th post! :king:

Well heh-heh, while super big pretzels sound awesome, I meant that in relation to the small pretzels that you can buy in bags at the store. The big pretzels are like the soft pretzels you get at Auntie Anne's that are just bread dough twisted into a pretzel shape. The small ones are crunchy and I guess baked differently also

I guess that reason I don't get the dislike or like of one kind but not the other is because my husband hates regular pretzels because they are just "stale bread" to him but loves the big doughy ones, but I love both equally because of the salt and bread, not just the texture of the bread they are made with, if that makes sense . . .

EDIT: & congrats on your 1100th post!

Well heh-heh, while super big pretzels sound awesome, I meant that in relation to the small pretzels that you can buy in bags at the store. The big pretzels are like the soft pretzels you get at Auntie Anne's that are just bread dough twisted into a pretzel shape. The small ones are crunchy and I guess baked differently also

I guess that reason I don't get the dislike or like of one kind but not the other is because my husband hates regular pretzels because they are just "stale bread" to him but loves the big doughy ones, but I love both equally because of the salt and bread, not just the texture of the bread they are made with, if that makes sense . . .

EDIT: & congrats on your 1100th post!

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

Well your husband is crazy!

Thank you, thank you. :graduated:

Ohhhhhhhhhh.

Well your husband is crazy!

Thank you, thank you. :graduated:

Haha, yes that probably is the root of the issue :P

Regardless of my husband's sanity, I just love all types of pretzels. Anyone else tried the honey mustard pretzels, Snyders brand I believe?

Wow. To both of you I say something EVEN MORE weird.

I don't eat breakfast. EVER. :laughingsmiley:

I just don't like breakfast foods.

The exception is cereal. ONLY Froot Loops though, but without milk. But I don't eat it like, ever.

But no, I don't like waffles, pancakes, eggs, etc. :sick01:

I don't eat breakfast very often anymore. Getting up at 5:30, I'm just too tired to bother. But I used to be a huge breakfast person. The day didn't start off right if I didn't have breakfast, either cereal or french toast.

I'm not a huge fan of waffles, eggs, or pancakes. I prefer cereal or french toast. That's basically it.

Woo. Rain. :laughingsmiley:

Ok, seriously? Am I like the only kid who didn't get Modern Warfare 3 today? <_<

Nope. You aren't. The kid next to me (the husband) didn't. I'm sure he's pouting as we speak.

But pretzels from Auntie Anne's are loved the most! ^_^

Agreed! They have the best pretzels ever! The cinnamon sugar ones are my favorite.

I'm the same way, though not for the same reason. I just don't like the taste or crunchiness of regular pretzels. I absolutely love the big doughy ones though.

Nope. You aren't. The kid next to me (the husband) didn't. I'm sure he's pouting as we speak.

Lol, that doesnt make me feel quite as bad :P (kidding!)

I really don't wanna go to school tomorrow though cause of it... I've already been made fun of for not getting it, I don't wanna hear all about it. <_<