Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I'm confused as to why there was the "*is currently on a computer and speaking with internet friends*" part is there :P

Nah, it's just one of my pet peeves. That and people forgetting to write the second "o" in too.

polly pocket then polly-pocket.jpeg

:laughingsmiley: Wow. I must say... I have the "Then" Polly Pocket you showed. I distinctly remember it.

EXACTLY, Liz. It's so saddening. Kids just can't be satisfied unless the toy has 50 zillion moving parts.

Does anyone else hear a voice in their head of a grandparent saying they used to be amused with a hoop and a stick?

Seriously, you guys sound like those adults who think the internet is going to render the mass majority of our generation useless and that cell phones are the primary focus of all our attention :P

You mean it won't??? :laughingsmiley: It depends. Some kids/teens/adults, all they care about is phones/texting. It's not limited by age. But it sure is fun to act older.

I disagree with adults (or anyone) that think the Internet is the root of all things evil (like my mom). It's definitely cell phones. :yes:

I'm confused as to why there was the "*is currently on a computer and speaking with internet friends*" part is there :P

Nah, it's just one of my pet peeves. That and people forgetting to write the second "o" in too.

I do it as well. But I always take note that I'm only 14, and therefore still a minor.

That's just a strange pet peeve. I don't hate it to. :P

Ah, Polly Pocket! The old ones were great, back in the glorious day of toys. (Commonly known as the 90's.)

It saddens me to know that some of the younger board members never got to see the internet back in the days of yore. Ah, back when everyone had a Homestead or Angelfire page, complete with rotating .gifs, non-stop .midis and a dial-up connection. Good times, good times.

Ditto for MSDos and the awful, yet wonderful games that came with it. Plus, old printers. Anytime I used to have to print something out, I would always do it before dinner. By the time I was done eating, my pixelated black and white pages would be done, after a good twenty-minutes of loud, electronic screeching.

Ditto for MSDos and the awful, yet wonderful games that came with it. Plus, old printers. Anytime I used to have to print something out, I would always do it before dinner. By the time I was done eating, my pixelated black and white pages would be done, after a good twenty-minutes of loud, electronic screeching.

Haha, my friend was telling me about some study where they played the dial up sound for kids about 10-13 and most of them had no idea what it was. They were guessing thing like it was an alien and stuff. Made me laugh.

Haha, my friend was telling me about some study where they played the dial up sound for kids about 10-13 and most of them had no idea what it was. They were guessing thing like it was an alien and stuff. Made me laugh.

ALIENS. Haha, that's excellent. I would be scared of dial-up sounds now if I heard them for the first time, I'm sure.

Or how about the sheer frustration of loosing internet connection because someone used the telephone? Get off the phone, I need to search something on AskJeeves!

I remember an article in the paper, like the hints column, where a secretary at a school wrote in, asking the columist to tell parents that they should teach their kids how to use land line phones. She said she was alarmed by how many kids didn't know how to use them. They'd dial, then pick it up. They didn't know what I dial tone was, etc.

Oh man, the nostalgia HURTS because of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUYtZhiUU4&feature=related

I know PS2 and I'm assuming PS3 (don't own it) still have the black screen when you play a game.

But they don't have the BRRRRROOOOOOOOOSSSSHMMMMMMM sound that the PS1 used to make. It was so unexpected loud! Perhaps that's why they got rid of it!

I'm highly considering making the dial-up handshake my ring-tone. It's currently Keyboard Cat, I think it's time for something new. And by new I mean old.

You just brought tears to my eyes. I LOVE that sound!!!! It brings back so many god-dang memories of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Gran Turismo. I would kill for my PS1 back!

You just brought tears to my eyes. I LOVE that sound!!!! It brings back so many god-dang memories of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Gran Turismo. I would kill for my PS1 back!

I still have my PSOne and enjoy hearing that sound when I play my old games. I have fond memories of leaving the television on too loud and being scared silly when I went to turn the PSOne on. It was my first gaming console. Ah. Good times.

The Spyro series was hands down my favorite. :)

Let me guess Tyler. The best 64 bit console to you is N64. It isn't to me.

I still have my PSOne and enjoy hearing that sound when I play my old games. I have fond memories of leaving the television on too loud and being scared silly when I went to turn the PSOne on. It was my first gaming console. Ah. Good times.

The Spyro series was hands down my favorite. :)

Same here.

I loved the Sega Genesis, and it hosts the first games I ever played. But if it wasn't for the PS1, I never would've love gaming the way I do now.

Spyro, Crash, and Gran Turismo. I loved turning on the games and seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxJVnv5yY8

and Spyro here.

The reason I linked Spyro instead of placing the video here is because I can't place more than 2 videos in one post.

Unfortunately, I never got to play Dreamcast. My parents didn't get it for me. But I was more than happy with the Genesis, NES, SNES, N64, and PS1 that happened to be around when I first developed memories.