Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Did you ever play 6? That's my favorite in the series.

Shame, you'd like 6, I know that. You probably played 7, 8, 9, 10, X-2 and maybe 11 haven't you? Any others I'm missing? 7 is great, it's the thid best in the series to me, I just think it's too overhyped since people never seem to shut up about it. 6 and 8 are my favorites.

I played through 7 to 12 (the latest one, with Vaan, Baltheir etc)

Dunno, if i tried 6 or not actually. But i know it was 7 that made in crazy about the series, Sephiroth is deffo the best villan in the entire series no doubt. But anything to do with 7, I have. Advent Children, Dirge of cerebus, original :P

I'll disagree with you as I believe Sephi can't compare to Kefka, but I won't debate it too much as I will agree that Sephi is a good villain if not a total example of the tragic villain.

I can't debate with you because i haven't played fully through 6. But reason why Sephiroth is one of the main villains is that he is a total Badass. Destroying the planet so that he can become an god.

And that he had the best songs in the game, One winged angel. The black mages played songs for most of the FF and you cannot say this isn't their best piece of an villan, it takes a wile to start up, but its like a good tune and even listening to it, you can tell it signifies evil and destruction.

I love One-Winged Angel, it made the fight against him on KH enjoyable. But the reason Sephi wants to be a god is so he can bring back his 'mother' Jenova after she was taken from him. Sephi wields power unlike anyone else in 7, but I don't think he's the strongest FF villain ever. Look at the power of Ultimecia in 8, bending time to her will and controlling the strongest GF of them all. I can go back to 1 with Chaos, who basically is a god with the level of power he controls. Kefka in 6 managed to actually shape the world and meld it into his ideal vision with the power he gained. Sephi is unique for how he ascended to power and his connection to just about every character involved in 7, his psychosis is caused from an unbearable realization as to what he is and how he came to be. That's my own observation atleast.

True, though, i didn't like him in KH, haven't played it in a while, but watched a video to re visit the battle. They should have chosen someone other than Lance Bass as sephiroth. He didn't play the part well. And they made him too comical, didn't put his essential evilness into him. Though it was for everyone

Yes, like I said, the song made it worthwhile. It took me forever to beat him, I hated Lance and Sephi should've been more maniacal, so I agree with you there. You're making me want to replay all the FF's again dangit, I just got down with a replay of 8 last week. Maybe I should replay Chrono Trigger instead next.

*runs in* AA's CRAZY *smack AA on head* *runs out*

:devil: OF COURSE I'M CRAZY! CRAZY AND EVIL! [evillaugh]Muahahahahaha![/evillaugh] :devil:

I heard the Final Fantasy graphics were really good - maybe I should try it someday.

Not just crazy - insane!

But to get back to the subject, can anyone recommend which Final Fantasy I should get if I want to try it out for the first time?

Altogether there are 12 games, (they are on 4 consoles, first 5 are on snes, then on PS1, then PS2, and theres one online)

Reading about it in detail yesterday about the 12 games, Number 6 is what made the RPG seres famous, but the story is number 7 is also really good, so they are the 2 fan favorite.

Though if you want a 3D style then i would recommend number 10 (X), But if you want a classic try finding number 7 or 6.

I love Final Fantasy... 7 Was okay.. It didn't do too much for me I admit. I loved 8... It was completly flawless, Epic and just freakin' amazing... 9 was awesome too, Almost as good as 8. 10 was way too much video not enough gameplay, though I liked the Blitzball. Didn't try 10 2 cos I hated 10 1... 11 was the MMO and it was... okay... Interface was too screwy for my tastes, And I didn't want to pay to play a game I basically didn't enjoy all that much... Haven't played 12...

The first 5 games were all kinda the same so far as I can tell... They were good but repetitive to me... And for some reason, I don't think I ever played 6...

I've heard of Gaia. I've never been there though. I've hung out pretty much everywhere over the years.. but I confess to having never been interested in Gaia...

Don't get X, I beg thee to avoid X and go for VII or VI or I or anything else but X, unless you have to choose between X and X-2, then get X. Also, Gaia is pretty stupid to me, it's like a chatboard version of myspace it seems. Also, anyone here ever played FF Tactics? Not Tactics Advance for the GBA but Tactics for the PSX. Glad to know someone else loved VIII like I did, it was the easiest to break and make easy but at the same time it was probably my favorite story and had the third best cast of characters behind VI and IX.