Any allergies?

lilshadowdweller

Food-wise, my body doesn't react well to lettuce (yes, I know that sounds weird.) And I have a slight allergy to alcohol. Even the smallest sip and I get a migraine. If I drink more than that, the migraine is worse. (And I can't take anything for it at that point.)

When I got allergy tested, I tested positive to being allergic to yeast-- this is used in fermenting all alcohols, so I'm allergic to it. You may also be allergic to that component. .

Other than that, I'm very allergic to cats, most dogs (some dogs have hair instead of fur, which I'm not allergic to. my dog has hair, so its all good.) Everything outside (not everything, just grass, trees, pollens, mold etc), chilli peppers, and celery. Last summer, I ate a small stick of celery, and my lip swelled and remained that way for 10 hrs. I had to go to the ER to get enough drugs to get the reaction down. Since then, the allergist gave me Epi-pens (adreline shots).

Hmm, let me think about this... I am allergic to or might be allergic to:

. Some spider bites.

. Some cheap perfumes give me a rash.

. goody two-shoes.

I know it's not as long a list as some of you guys have. get over it.

Oh yay! A topic for me ^_^ I'm allergic to pollen, all animal furs, honey, dust, grass, oat, perfumes and strong soaps. So I'm pretty much stuffed with pills all year long. I also have asthma.

That's why I love winter & snow. NO flowers, NO pollen, NO grass :)

Oh yay! A topic for me ^_^ I'm allergic to pollen, all animal furs, honey, dust, grass, oat, perfumes and strong soaps. So I'm pretty much stuffed with pills all year long. I also have asthma.

That's why I love winter & snow. NO flowers, NO pollen, NO grass :)

I'm the opposite of you! It's summer where I get my relief. My sinus kills me in the winter for whatever reason. (Cold is dry?) It seems I always get the sniffles and everything with winter, where most people suffer in the summer.

My allergy to prawns only started recently =(. I think it's worse to develop an allergy later in life than to be born with it. I miss all my favourite prawn dishes so much. Thankfully my allergy isn't that bad, just a few itchy spots here and there and they disappear within a few days. If i know I won't be stepping out of the house the next few days, I won't hesitate to indulge in a prawn or two haha!

Allergies aren't consistent. One day, you could randomly lose one you always had, or develop one you never did. My aunt wasn't always allergic to wheat, it was only like a year ago she found out. That doesn't mean all allergies go away. But everyone could develop an allergy at any time, as sucky as it is. It works the other way too. I don't think people are born with allergies, they just develop them, sometimes instantly. Apparently you can "un-allergize" yourself to certain things by exposing yourself slowly to them (if it's not a deadly allergy). I wouldn't recommend doing it without a doctor.

For instance, I'm no longer allergic to the fabric softnener I used to be as a child. I can use it. My cold allergy has mostly diminished, but my skin still gets red and itchy when exposed to the cold; it just doesn't break out in a rash.

I really hope I don't develop any more random ones....

Strong scented antiperspirants kill me. Eww.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I just...I don't even know. I'm like allergic to outside! (Trees, grass, mold brought on by rain) but I don't seem to have those rediculous pollen and ragweed allergies that send most people running to grab some pills. I take allergy medicine once in a while...when I feel I need it, but mostly I just suffer with not being able to breathe the best and sneezing and itchy eyes. Although...now that I think about it I do a nasal spray every morning as well. I seem to have some form of allergies year round. Oh...and I'm allergic to oranges, not deathly allergic but the juice can bother my stomach, and if I eat too many (I don't know how many that is) I break out in rashes/hives and it's quite terrible.

You guys are talking about Celiac/Gluten intolerance; my mum has it, but she has found many things that she is able to cook and eat and that the rest of the family find EXTREMELY apetizing, so don't worry and hang in there! (And hopefully actually...I hope you don't have it...but if you do DON'T WORRY! :3 )

I am allergic to cats, flowers, grass, most types of wood that houses are made of, trees. I am also allergic to perfume and dust.

I used to be allergic to dogs but not anymore.

And I also have asthma so when my allergies act up I normally end up in the hospital. It's so painful. *sigh*

I am allergic to cats, flowers, grass, most types of wood that houses are made of, trees. I am also allergic to perfume and dust.

I used to be allergic to dogs but not anymore.

And I also have asthma so when my allergies act up I normally end up in the hospital. It's so painful. *sigh*

You're EXACTLY like me! Except that I'm allergic to all animals. But I feel your pain :yes:

Oh dear. It's no fun thing. XD I'm glad it's only cats for me as I adore all animals. Although I love cats too!

I have a cat over at my sister's and a dog too. I always get sick after I visit her but I love them too much to care :)

allergic for the sun... that´s sooooo stupid :(

but i think hayfever is even more annoying, and others as well... like chocolate allergic, the hell for every girl

allergic for the sun... that´s sooooo stupid :(

but i think hayfever is even more annoying, and others as well... like chocolate allergic, the hell for every girl

I don't like chocolate. Candy, yes. Chocolate, noooo. ^_^