Reading books to pets

pokersmoker

Intelligence is for the battledome. There are some weapons that require a certain intelligence level. I usually read all my books to my battle pet and when I get duplicates I read them to my two other neopets.

It is also possible to get two trophies for your pet(s) from reading them books. If I'm not mistaken one is the Neopian Book Award and the other is the Booktastic Book Award.

I think reading them to your main neopet is a good idea. That's what I do. Like Holiday Mousey, I'm not sure if you want to read them books for the trophies but you also don't have to read to them at all if you dont want to. I never did until recently and I thought to myself "why not try for a trophy?"

Also, I put my neopets in the 5np a day neolodge for their feeding. For me, it's just more efficient bc I do feel guilty if they're hungry. So I just put them 5np a day for 28 days and it's 140np, if that's something you want to look in to. P.S. the Neolodge is on the first page of the shops.

I've currently got 900 books saved up, waiting for the perfect pet :P I'ma be going for the trophies, but it's also about the pets character for me- I've created a back story for a very intelligent pet, which is why I'm reading those books to that pet ^_^

Reading them to your main pet sounds like a good idea :) Like Aloriality says though, it does cost a lot of NP if you want to go for the trophy so be prepared to spend quite a few million if you decide to :P

I kind of seperated my pets, I have a battle pet that I work on raising the level and defense, I have one that I read all the books to, and I had one that I was trying to be really "fashionable" in different outfits and stuff, but the lab ray turned it into a bruce and I think bruce's are kinda ugly =P