Neopets Writing - How do you do it?

Lady Kakata

I see on profiles trophies for writing into the Neopian Times

How do you do it? What do you submit? I've an idea of a story of accepting a new family member when you had previously been the pampered only pet (Moorlough and Nimhue) but I'm not too sure about it

It's not as hard as it seems... when you get started.

Plan the main storyline ahead of time (so you don't improvised.) And then start telling your story with some description of your pets (color, species), where they live, what they are doing. That's the situation before something "exceptional" happens. Your characters will then have to do actions to go back to something equivalent to their starting state, but they will have learned something or changed during the story.

Don't forget to include plenty of references to Neopets items and places. And to avoid anything that relates to our human world such as planes, cellphones... And look up for words in a thesaurus!

XD I'm a writer, that part won't be hard. I'm just worried about what themes are appropriate for NT (of course kid-friendly!).

Are owners ever mentioned? I mean, I know Neopets pretty much operate on their own and take care of their Petpets, I've seen some pets being described as good cooks (which helps that there are stoves for sale for Neohomes) but part of the story is that Nimhue was brought into the family without asking Moorlough first