Stock Market Help plz! :D

BreathofAir

I've been on neo for quite some time now but i've never understood the stock market. I know you can make a lot from it but how?

are there any tips on buying the right stocks or how much i should be prepared to spend?

thanks for any help on this! :laughingsmiley:

I am the self-named Guru. And I am here to teach you on how to make thousands, even millions on the Stock Market!

To begin, you need either a hefty amount of NP already, or a steady flow of 15,000 NP per day. It will sometimes work on less, but 15k/day is the best.

I could give you what it all means, but I'll give you a heads-up on what to do.

To begin, go to http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true with 15000 NP out. In the "Curr" Column, find a number that says '15'. (If none exist, come back later) (if two exist, choose either one). Click on it's abbreviation. Click on it again. As 'Number of Shares', put in 1000. Click 'Buy Shares'. Then you're at your portfolio. Depending on how fast you want your NP, wait until one of the percentages in the last row is Green and says "+100%" or more. Then, click on the arrow at the start of the row, type in 1000 in each of the open boxes (provided you always bought 1000 shares), and go to the bottom of the page. You may or may not need to enter your PIN, depending on your preferences, and then click 'Sell Shares'. Repeat daily.

This is a slow method of making NP. It may take a week, a month, a season, or a year, but just be patient.

If you want to know what all this means, just tell me. Otherwise, you have all you need to know to invest on the Stock Market. :)

I am the self-named Guru. And I am here to teach you on how to make thousands, even millions on the Stock Market!

To begin, you need either a hefty amount of NP already, or a steady flow of 15,000 NP per day. It will sometimes work on less, but 15k/day is the best.

I could give you what it all means, but I'll give you a heads-up on what to do.

To begin, go to http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true with 15000 NP out. In the "Curr" Column, find a number that says '15'. (If none exist, come back later) (if two exist, choose either one). Click on it's abbreviation. Click on it again. As 'Number of Shares', put in 1000. Click 'Buy Shares'. Then you're at your portfolio. Depending on how fast you want your NP, wait until one of the percentages in the last row is Green and says "+100%" or more. Then, click on the arrow at the start of the row, type in 1000 in each of the open boxes (provided you always bought 1000 shares), and go to the bottom of the page. You may or may not need to enter your PIN, depending on your preferences, and then click 'Sell Shares'. Repeat daily.

This is a slow method of making NP. It may take a week, a month, a season, or a year, but just be patient.

If you want to know what all this means, just tell me. Otherwise, you have all you need to know to invest on the Stock Market. :)

Just wanted to say, this is really good advice. I do the same thing only I wait for 150-200%, which takes longer, but yields a bit more profit. Well, I say that, but in truth I often lose patience and sell earlier, but in theory, I sell at 150-200% :P.

The stock market is amazing if you don't have time to play games. It takes almost no time to buy your daily stocks and sell any that are above your sell point.

The way I operate is as follows: I play games on weekends or whenever I have time and put it in the bank (I try to have a minimum of 200k saved up at any given time), and then during the week, I do my dailies + stocks + Habi. It's the most passive way I know to earn NPs :)

Just wanted to say, this is really good advice. I do the same thing only I wait for 150-200%, which takes longer, but yields a bit more profit. Well, I say that, but in truth I often lose patience and sell earlier, but in theory, I sell at 150-200% :P.

The stock market is amazing if you don't have time to play games. It takes almost no time to buy your daily stocks and sell any that are above your sell point.

The way I operate is as follows: I play games on weekends or whenever I have time and put it in the bank (I try to have a minimum of 200k saved up at any given time), and then during the week, I do my dailies + stocks + Habi. It's the most passive way I know to earn NPs :)

Yeah, I personally sell only at +200%, but I advice newer Stock Marketeers to sell at +100%, until they get used to the waiting.

Yes, it is. The Stock Market is literally my only source of income. (Aside from an occasional snipe)

I don't even play games anymore; I have 2 mil, with 2 mil in stocks.

of out curiousity for all those who do play the stock market, how much do you normally make out of it? really i would start playing for the avatar, but still thinking about it.. and i hate it if my bank account looks empty..

and Bluewisp, thats :woot: :D

You can make basically as much as you want out of it, you just have to be patient. If you sell your stocks as soon as they increase in value you might get less neopoints in the long run if you had waited, all though that works both ways. If you're like me and forget about your stocks, you can unconsciously make a lot of neopoints.

Oh wow... I sold my SSS a long, long time ago.

I try to wait until 300% myself, but sometimes I get impatient and sell as low as 200%. It's really up to you and what you're patient for. Sometimes I don't sell anything for over a month.

:O

...I wish you'd had more stocks in it.

@Bluewisp: I make 30k per 1000 shares, because I wait until it's at +200%. It's a personal choice, though.

Ok so I still have some questions. What does the 15 mean? And why do we have to wait till its at +100%? do we buy stocks everyday? when its at +100% we just sell 1000? we check this everyday?

Also I would really like to get the stock market avatar which says I need 1 million in stocks I believe, how does that work? Do i need to buy 1 million in stocks then sell? I'm so new to this concept its so confusing to me =/

Ok so I still have some questions. What does the 15 mean? And why do we have to wait till its at +100%? do we buy stocks everyday? when its at +100% we just sell 1000? we check this everyday?

Also I would really like to get the stock market avatar which says I need 1 million in stocks I believe, how does that work? Do i need to buy 1 million in stocks then sell? I'm so new to this concept its so confusing to me =/

The 15 is the price per stock. So, to buy 1 stock would be 15NP, 2 would be 30NP, etc.

You don't have to wait until +100%, but you don't make much of a profit if you sell earlier.

Again, it's not necessary, but highly recommended.

Yes, you sell 1000, unless you want to wait until it's higher.

Everyday is best, because the stock price could change greater from each day to another.

For the Stock Market Avvie, you just need to have 1,000,000 NP invested in the Stock Market (in any stocks, and you don't need to sell any. Also, it's the 'Paid' Price, not the 'Current' Price.

Any other questions? Don't feel bad asking them.

The 15 is the price per stock. So, to buy 1 stock would be 15NP, 2 would be 30NP, etc.

You don't have to wait until +100%, but you don't make much of a profit if you sell earlier.

Again, it's not necessary, but highly recommended.

Yes, you sell 1000, unless you want to wait until it's higher.

Everyday is best, because the stock price could change greater from each day to another.

For the Stock Market Avvie, you just need to have 1,000,000 NP invested in the Stock Market (in any stocks, and you don't need to sell any. Also, it's the 'Paid' Price, not the 'Current' Price.

Any other questions? Don't feel bad asking them.

Although this isn't my thread, I do actually have a question. Could you get the avi by picking a really expensive stock and buying 1000 shares in it (costing over 1 mil) and get the avi?

Just wanted to say thanks to the Easter Bunny and Alice for the advice! I've been steering clear of the stocks for a while but it sounds simple enough to make money there :)

Also still need the avatar so.... bonus :wub_anim:

Although this isn't my thread, I do actually have a question. Could you get the avi by picking a really expensive stock and buying 1000 shares in it (costing over 1 mil) and get the avi?

You could, theoretically, I think...if you found a really high stock...you'd probably have to do it for a week or two, though.

is it better to buy stocks in bulks of 1000 shares every time?

thanks for all the advice! :graduated:

I'd say it is, if you have enough NP, because then you get the most profit when you sell.

Just wanted to say thanks to the Easter Bunny and Alice for the advice! I've been steering clear of the stocks for a while but it sounds simple enough to make money there :)

Also still need the avatar so.... bonus :wub_anim:

Happy to help. :) The Stock Market is, literally, one of the only things I do on Neo now...

Not just theoretically... you can definitely get the avatar by doing this. KSON is the highest stock right now (800 NP/share) so you could do it in two days with KSON. There's no guarantee that you won't lose NP this way though.

Oh and the reason that you buy stocks that are 15 NP each is that you can only buy stocks that are 15 NP or higher, so this allows you to get the most NP possible.

Not just theoretically... you can definitely get the avatar by doing this. KSON is the highest stock right now (800 NP/share) so you could do it in two days with KSON. There's no guarantee that you won't lose NP this way though.

Oh and the reason that you buy stocks that are 15 NP each is that you can only buy stocks that are 15 NP or higher, so this allows you to get the most NP possible.

Thank you! I think I'll try this method eventually just because I'm very impatient. Hopefully the stock prices don't suddenly plummet.

is it better to invest in only one company?

Thanks again! :)

Well, like others have said, it's good to go by price. The reason we say to buy a stock when it's value is at 15 NP is because that's the lowest you can buy it for. This way, you'll make maximum profit when you sell.

Other than that, if there are two stocks worth 15 NP and I've already invested in one, I'll usually by the other just to have more diversity. :P

Well, like others have said, it's good to go by price. The reason we say to buy a stock when it's value is at 15 NP is because that's the lowest you can buy it for. This way, you'll make maximum profit when you sell.

Other than that, if there are two stocks worth 15 NP and I've already invested in one, I'll usually by the other just to have more diversity. :P

Ahh that makes a lot of sense lol

Always buy at 15NP. If no stock is fifteen NP, come back later.

And yes, it's better to be diverse, just in case you need NP fast, you can sell some of your Positive stocks, instead of having to sell at a loss on your only stock.

Hey, I just started investing today; I figured I might as well try my luck and start learning about the stock market now with the income I'm getting from my Habi.

I've just purchased my first 15k's worth, now I apologise if this question's been answered before and I've overlooked it, but; how long does it normally take for the stocks to change in value? Should I check back every hour, or is that too often and should I just check back each day I invest my 15k? :)

Hey, I just started investing today; I figured I might as well try my luck and start learning about the stock market now with the income I'm getting from my Habi.

I've just purchased my first 15k's worth, now I apologise if this question's been answered before and I've overlooked it, but; how long does it normally take for the stocks to change in value? Should I check back every hour, or is that too often and should I just check back each day I invest my 15k? :)

I believe the stock values "refresh" twice every hour. Once is around the XX:54 mark, I believe. Or maybe it was once every hour? (Now I'm curious too :P).

I personally only check twice a day (unless I'm home all day) because it can take days to weeks for a stock to go up enough for me to sell it, and quite often, it goes down before it goes up.

So every morning, I buy my 1000 stocks, and sell any that are 200% or more, and every evening, I check again. I'm not sure how often other people check these things, but you're sure to profit eventually if you buy at 15 NP, even if it takes a while :P