Dancing - What's your style?

LizyMarie

Even if it's bobbing your head or shuffling in the grocery store, I want to know how you dance. (And you can even share a link to a Youtube video to help explain :3 )

Just about everyone listens to music, but we don't all listen to the same thing or come from the same background.

I personally am in love with the Shuffle and Tecktonik styles of dancing, though I can only do Tecktonik. (Really not feet coordinated..)

This is an example of both types of dancing for those of you who don't know:

So let me know how you dance!! I love to see what people like!!

(And please keep the song and video appropriate! I am trying to create a place to talk about dancing, nothing inappropriate or against TDN rules!)

I love to shuffle to Techno music.

I'm so awesome.

=D

I think it's an amazing dancing style. Do you have any favorite style of Shuffle? Like running man or such.

Latin dancing is my favorite ... it's so passionate

I absolutely adore Tango

Tango IS passionate. And I have a love for how much discipline it takes to handle it, muscles and such. An absolutely beautiful way to present the human body by far! Good choice :3

To watch my favourite is probably street dance ^^ I completely suck at it but it's incredible to see someone doing it properly :P

My favourite to dance is jive/salsa. I'm also thinking about learning tap, because that's just plain cool :)

To watch my favourite is probably street dance ^^ I completely suck at it but it's incredible to see someone doing it properly :P

My favourite to dance is jive/salsa. I'm also thinking about learning tap, because that's just plain cool :)

Street dancing, do you mean break dancing type?

And tap always looked so hard for me, but I hope you can do it!

I love watching hip-hop dancers, but being myself I can't do it. So I prefer to dance in front of the mirror, using my hairbrush as a microphone.... it would be quite scary to watch im sure :sad01_anim:

I happen to <3 dancing in front of mirrors. I don't quite do the hairbrush for a microphone thing, but yeah. I'm sure at those moments I'm sure we aren't all that pretty. heh. :)

Street dancing, do you mean break dancing type?

And tap always looked so hard for me, but I hope you can do it!

That's what I mean, indeed :yes:

Thanks hun, me too :) It looks seriously hard but fun :D Singing in the Rain is one of the best movies ever ^^ hehe

mydancin.gif

Okay, I wish I were joking. When I actually try to dance to party music I'm 99% sure I look exactly like this.

Hahaha! I lawl'd pretty hard when I saw that. But I know exactly what you mean, and I think we have ALL been there! :P

Is "clumsily" an option? I tried salsa dancing once with my friends, which was okay, but I'm more of a slow dancing person. I like to be the lead, though.

I think it may be. You ever hear the expression "I didn't fall, I attacked the floor"? That's pretty much the same thing in my book. Accidents happen, might as well purposely do it. If it makes you feel better, I have clumsy issues with feet. I was trying to dance Jumpstyle (which is a lot of jumping around to Electronic music basicly) and I landed on my right foot and snapped the tendon. Was in a cast and on crutches for 4 months. >.>Just because I jumped. That is clumsy.