Petpet Protection League

domsim

Ok so I have one of those cardboard petpets (a Weeble) attached to my main pet, and although it's cute, I really would like a different one. But it's been attached to my pet for 2000 days. Soo my question is, can a cardboard petpet win the Petpet Protection League award? Because I will go crazy if I take it off my Scorchio and then it wins!! Although, would a lot of people have a weeble attached for a long time and so I wouldn't win a trophy ? And also, if it is your petpets week is it automatically awarded to you or do you have to visit a specific page? Lots of questions.. :P

Thanks!!

All petpet's are eligible to win the PPL award except for those zapped by the petpet lab ray as that is viewed as a form of cruelty towards petpets. If enough people were to have a weeble attached for a longer period of time than you have had and knocked you off the trophy spots then you would not receive the trophy but will still get the neopoint reward which is 10 NP for everyday that you have had your weeble attached. Also to answer your last question, yes, the prizes are awarded automatically by TNT.

Ohkk thanks! So I should probably keep it on? Just in case... But that's awesome that they automatically award it :) and yeah I don't have the petpet lab ray so all good there but that makes me sad that they think it's cruelty, because that means the normal lab ray is cruelty, and then i feel bad for using it...

I somehow don't think that these pets are eligible to win the PPL.

For one, there are 4 cardboard petpets but you only get 2 to start with. This would make it unfair for anyone who didn't get that particular petpet when they joined. Secondly, they are seriously old petpets and not a single one has ever won the PPL. I think one would have won by now if they COULD win. Finally, even if one did win the PPL... like you said, a lot of people have had these attached so you might not even be in the top 200 for a trophy.

I would personally remove it. Those cardboard dudes just scream 'newbie' to me :/

The good news is, you don't even need to have your petpet on a pet for a super long time to win a PPL trophy. Check out some of the recent winners.

426 Pygui - 3 people on the whole site had one attached, though it is SUPER rare.

423 Darblat - Only 65 people had this petpet attached. One was attached for only 5 days, 18 hours. It's pretty rare though.

421 Rollatron - ONE solitary pet on the whole site had this petpet. It's an unpopular model.

416 Quilin - Another rare petpet which only 36 people on the site had attached. It's gorgeous though, I'm surprised there weren't more.

412 Maraquan Babyca - Only 60 had this, the youngest being 10 days. Babycas are buyable so nowhere near as rare as others. Maraquan is obviously an unpopular colour for them.

If you can find a pretty unpopular/rare/expensive petpet, and then paint it a colour that you think not many will have, you've got a good chance of winning the PPL. You can even check google (put this in into the search- site:www.neopets.com/petlookup "the Dung Slorg") for an idea of how many have them attached (don't count zapped ones, though).

I've chosen petpets purposely with the PPL in mind, while still matching to the pet. There are enough to choose from! Also bear in mind that when a specific PP has won the PPL, you can always try painting it a different colour for another chance :)

[edit]well of text crits for over 9000

Wow, rhino_loupe that's really helpful! I guess it's time to find a new petpet then...so many choices! Although I can't resist some of the cute ones so I might just have to sacrifice the chance at a shiny trophy for a popular but really cute petpet :P all my other pets currently just have avatar petpets attached like slorg so no chance at winning the PPL with them! Ah well. And naww Angelo, the poor little cardboard petpets :(