Selling rare item through Auctions

Rae

Hi, I have a question and I am a bit nervous. So I got a Pirate Draik Egg fromt he FS today and wanted to sell it as quickly as possible. I saw the cheapest on the TP was 6mil, and then I got an offer for 5.3 mil, which isn't bad so I said sure. He then said that to get the pure NPs I would put the item in an auction for 1 hour, NF only, and then start it at 2.7 mil with an increment bid at 2.65 mil, which would get me 5.3 mil.

Is he being honest? I've never put ANYTHING up for auction before, and I've also never attempted to sell such a rare and expensive item so I'm nervous. Help?

This is precisely what I did, don't worry ^_^ Everything went fine and he's the proud owner of a female Pirate Draik. Put it up for Auction with that incentive (MAKE SURE YOU TYPE IT PROPERLY D8) and let'er rip!

PHEW!!! Thank you so much for your help! I literally have been having a heart attack throughout this entire experience lol. I'm pretty sure he is going to resell, since I sold for like 700k less than TP, but oh wells. I'm just so excited to be rich!!! hahaha

Oh wow! I sold mine for 5.3mil! It worked out well, so thank you for the help! I'm sure he is reselling it since I sold so low, but I didn't want to be picky. And the cheapest on TP was 6 mil so, meh.

ooow, lucky you, but i would be scared too, but the auction house is very good for things like this.

congratz on your enormous riches you've got now ^^

Auctions are definitely the safest way to sell expensive items for pure, especially items 20 mil or under (start at 10 mil, 10 mil increase). You can get exactly the amount you want if you set it up properly, and sometimes, people will bid over what you asked, increasing your profit. It also saves you from trading for a bunch of ETS in the trading post and then having to RESELL those to get your np. Congrats on the win from the FS :D

XD Congrats! Don't spend it all at once! (Unlike me, it all went on my Gallery :* But since I don't need paintbrushes or anything, why not? :laughingsmiley: )

It's good to splurge!! ;) I'm waiting to get all of the expensive avatars and such and then I'll finally continue with my goals of making a gallery, reading books to my pets, etc. :)