NP Not Working?

Vaccinated Jedi

Describe what's happening. Is your browser working for other sites? Have you tried on a different browser? What shows up when you type in neopets.com, a blank page, an error message?

Also, in the future, if you want to know if Neopets is down for everyone, or if it's just you, you can use this site. :)

Describe what's happening. Is your browser working for other sites? Have you tried on a different browser? What shows up when you type in neopets.com, a blank page, an error message?

Also, in the future, if you want to know if Neopets is down for everyone, or if it's just you, you can use this site. :)

When I click in the address bar or to do dailies from here, the tab opens and loads for a little while then I get an error page.

It happens with or without the "www." bit.

This PC has been restarted by my friend earlier after I had tried to get onto the site.

And other sites open fine for me.

Annnnd that site said it's just me. x____X

I only mentioned IE because that happened to me once at school (school computers only have IE).

That's really odd. It could be your internet provider blocking the website for some reason...

This is what I would do if I were you:

- Try as many different web browsers as possible.

- Restart the computer again.

- Try on another computer (if available).

- Check internet and anti-virus software for blocked sites.

- And if all else fails, I'd probably chuck the PC out the window in frustration, then cry a lot xD

I only mentioned IE because that happened to me once at school (school computers only have IE).

That's really odd. It could be your internet provider blocking the website for some reason...

This is what I would do if I were you:

- Try as many different web browsers as possible.

- Restart the computer again.

- Try on another computer (if available).

- Check internet and anti-virus software for blocked sites.

- And if all else fails, I'd probably chuck the PC out the window in frustration, then cry a lot xD

Ok.

Restarted computer: nothing.

Tried Opera again: nothing.

Tried Chrome: nothing.

Tried I.E.: nothing.

No other computer is available.

I'll try the blocked sites thing, though only myself and my friend use this computer.

And trust me when I say this, but many are the times I've been tempted to throw this thing out a window. <_<

Thanks, Sweetdang!

It's still not working for me. So I'm going to ask in a different forum and if they don't know, then I'll email TNT themselves.

What happens during an IP ban? I've not done wrong, but going by what others have said on here, TNT may have found some reason to punish me. :sad01_anim:

IP bans are usually only for some pretty severe stuff. It hadn't even occurred to me. I believe you could get around an IP ban using a proxy server. I'll post a link. Try them, and see if anything happens.

You could also try changing your IP address like here, but try the proxys first.

Also, what error message do you get, exactly? Could you copy it here?

(Proxy servers here).

I've never been IP banned, so the proxy server and IP address-changing are just educated guesses as to how one might get around it... if that is indeed what has happened.

EDIT: And one last thing, if you can't even get to the "Send in a ticket" page, you can email the support team directly at [email protected]. But do post the error message, it might give us some clue as to what has happened. adress address

Edited by ..Alice..

bizarre. if you can, take your laptop (is it a laptop?) to a cafe or something and see if you can access your account from there. although they typically don't ip ban, they just suspend the account itself, so i'm honestly not sure what's going on. :eh: *wishes you lots of luck regardless*

Alice:

The message I get (eventually) is

Could not connect to remote server

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.

I tried one of those proxy sites and it got me into NP!

Do you think it's an IP issue?

*hugs you for the link* :wub_anim:

youngrace: It's a PC, unfortunately lol I wish I did have a lappy. x___x

Hm... I wonder. Neat that the proxy server worked! Other than that, I'm an idiot when it comes to computers xD

Unless you've had several accounts frozen, I don't think it would be an IP ban... unless you did something terribly bad, like hacking into the site or something xP

This is how a proxy works: It basically acts as a middle man between your computer, and neopets. So basically, you're computer doesn't recognize neopets as neopets, but as the server. And neopets doesn't recognize you as you.This could have helped you get in in various ways, depending on what the problem was.

- If neopets IP banned you, or for some reason just didn't want to let your computer access the site, then the proxy would have allowed you computer to enter anonymously so-to-speak.

- If your computer didn't want you to access neopets (for various reasons), then the proxy would have "masked" neopets, and your computer wouldn't have recognized it as neopets.

I would say it's more likely the latter, since I think TNT lets you know know if you've been IP banned.

The error message confuses me, but from the sounds of it, it seems like a firewall or anti-virus software is keeping you from accessing the site.

I know that neopets is a safe site, but sometimes racier ads can slip in past the filters. If you computer saw you using neopets and then saw that there was a not-so-safe-looking ad on the site, it might have automatically flagged neopets as a "danger" to your computer.

This would be consistent with the proxy letting you in, since the proxy makes you and neopets anonymous to each other.

If the proxy is working, then at least you can access the site, right?

And I'm really a big dunce when it comes to computers, especially in the morning, but I'll try and think of a solution later on in the day when my brain is functioning xD