The 55 second myth?

queensorchadragon

So I was just going through my dailies and Coltzan gave me a dubloon. I didn't think much of this until I looked at the time. Awfully close to 55. I glanced at the time in the source and the time the page loaded was 9:55:55 NST.

I have had countless people tell me the 55 after thing is a myth. And countless others tell me it's true. I'm now leaning on the side of it's true. Everybody else's thoughts?

well, it works for me most of the time, and if it doesn't, it's because i did it wrong, so i guess it's true ^^

I've heard about this myth. I tried it a couple month ago a couple of times. I'd get a dubloon most of the times but then there were other times where I wouldn't but then again i could've missed the :55 mark. i still think its pretty much true. ^_^

The :55 thing sounds plausible though I still have to try that. But that at 12:00:00 am NST a million is given out is probably a myth - otherwise everyone would be doing it, right?

Actually - wasn't there a petpage/website that listed all the times when the shrine gives out what? Cant remember the name tho.

So is it really true that the shrine can give out 1 mill? I always thought that was just something left over from the plot or something.......

There was an editorial about it - the shrine can give out 1 mil, it's very rare though. I doubt it's tied to a time.

Dubloon thing seems to be true but you have to hit it just right.