Registration Woes

enterprise

Hey guys,

I used to be an avid Neopets player a few years until my account was hacked (then frozen). I was never quite able to convince them what happened and so I sort of gave it up -- but now I'm hoping to get back into it.

However I am having trouble registering.

Here's what happened: I tried a few different names to find one that was listed as available, got one, put in a password, then attempted to put in my e-mail address. At this point I kept getting this error: "Oops! Please check. An error occured, please try again." I tried with several different e-mails -- one of them not even a "free" account but one that is associated with me professionally. None of the ones I tried were associated with my old account. I kept refreshing and re-entering the e-mail until finally, by some crazed miracle, I logged in.

I was happy.

But not for long.

I went to check my profile and noticed that I was apparently from Croatia, not the United States, my password was not the one I entered, and the e-mail address was not one of the ones listed that I had tried so hard to enter in. I was unable to change any of the information being unable to activate the account and/or use the password.

I promptly put in an e-mail to Neopets but from reading around the internet about the large number of people having this problem I am not overly hopeful of them responding to the e-mail I sent it with. My first assumption was that I was somehow hacked while creating the account, but that seems silly.

So just now I tried to create another new account (to avoid the issues of the other) from a different computer (a Mac, not a PC), from a different location, with a different e-mail address.

I am having the exact same problem. I'm stuck at the "input your e-mail" page and am concerned the same thing is going on. The people I saw asking for help with this same issue date back well over a year. So whatever it is has been going on for a bit and I'm completely at a loss. I'd be willing to pay for a month of the fancy Neopets whatever it is if I could just get this fixed, but I have no idea what's going on. There's no point playing a compromised account that I can't activate and I can't seem to get around whatever this issue is that isn't letting me make a functional account.

Any ideas? Tips? I tried a Proxy and that didn't seem to work either. Though perhaps I don't know how to use cookies with a proxy and they were disabled.

Anyone? :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.