Feminism

Naamah D.

However, I think you've misunderstood me again. I don't mind the acknowledgement of problems, but I think to place blame on one gender is erroneous. I think to place blame on your principal for not taking biology is wrong.

I'm not going to talk about anything else you said, since I'm fine with it. But how is it wrong to place the blame on the principal? He told me that freshmen weren't supposed to take biology. How was I supposed to know he was lying? He told me I couldn't take it, and he personally had to sign off the sheet for the classes I was taking right in front of me--he personally crossed biology off of my course sheet. There is no way to place the blame on anyone else. There WAS NOT ANYTHING that I could do. Stop trying to tell me there was--it is absolutely right to place blame on my principal.

I'm not going to talk about anything else you said, since I'm fine with it. But how is it wrong to place the blame on the principal? He told me that freshmen weren't supposed to take biology. How was I supposed to know he was lying? He told me I couldn't take it, and he personally had to sign off the sheet for the classes I was taking right in front of me--he personally crossed biology off of my course sheet. There is no way to place the blame on anyone else. There WAS NOT ANYTHING that I could do. Stop trying to tell me there was--it is absolutely right to place blame on my principal.

Wait. How do you know he did that because you were female? There are a number of reasons that could have happened. And my point earlier was that these issues occur on both sides for different reasons. You can list specific incidents all you want--I have a few of my own regarding abusive girlfriends/wives. Men are often more scared than a woman would be to come forward with information like that because they were raised to be "tough" and thinking that it would be shameful to admit that a woman was harming them. Of course, the nature of this also shows sexism against women.

Look at me, arguing against feminism. I think one of the reasons you have people arguing so vehemently against you is your tone. It's very self-righteous.

Wait. How do you know he did that because you were female? There are a number of reasons that could have happened. And my point earlier was that these issues occur on both sides for different reasons. You can list specific incidents all you want--I have a few of my own regarding abusive girlfriends/wives. Men are often more scared than a woman would be to come forward with information like that because they were raised to be "tough" and thinking that it would be shameful to admit that a woman was harming them. Of course, the nature of this also shows sexism against women.

Look at me, arguing against feminism. I think one of the reasons you have people arguing so vehemently against you is your tone. It's very self-righteous.

And it's incredibly arrogant to tell people that you know more about their situation than they do. I have said repeatedly, I talked to a lot of girls, and this happened to a LOT of girls. I talked to a lot of guys; this didn't happen to any guy. You're right--I don't know that it was because of my sex. I just know for a fact that it only happened to girls and never happened to guys. In fact, the only freshmen girls that I know of taking Biology that year were girls with last names from A-L, because they had a different class sign-up orientation and the principal didn't do it. Seems obvious that it WAS based on sex, but apparently you know more than I do about a situation you were not involved in.

I have told you repeatedly that I know the situations of violence against men. I have told you that I ADVOCATE for men in these situations. I work hard to make sure that when things happen to men, that they have rights. I don't understand why you think I'm ignoring those incidents when I was the one who brought them up.