Rate my New Userlookup

Zac

Y'know, its really weird I just had someone request a "Grey" lookup...

Anyway, it looks pretty good, but just a couple of things, first - the links at the top aren't centered on the image. I don't know if this is deliberate or not, but personally I think it would look better if they were. Secondly, I'm not too keen on how the word "Grey" overlaps the faces in the pic. This is probably more of a personal preferance than a big issue though :P

Overall... 7/10.

I like it! A couple of suggestions: :) Maybe add some stuff on the purple side stripes to add interest as you scroll down. Also the Darigan header seems a bit soft. Were you going for that effect? If so, cool! But it makes it a bit hard to read, or differentiate from the black background. Anyway, looks cool! And on a side note..."you're smelly"?!?!?!? HAhahahhaha

oo i love that, simple and elegant definitely agree with the 9/10

only thing i would change is a VERY stuttle texture on the purple just to give it a little more depth. great job ^_^

you could try using one of theese as a base(altho edit the image so that the colors are in your hue range and down the contrast so that its very stutle) http://squidfingers.com/patterns/

you should download irfanview its a free program and has some usful features, i use it in conjonction with ms paint. also you can jsut copy paste thigns into irfanview to save and the file size will be much better then what mspaint would do(plus allot easier todo transparencies)

http://www.webpixies.com/dolls/tut/skintonestut.html can give you an idea of some basic type stuff you can do with it... extrmly old tutorial i made anyone else remember the 'cartoon doll' fad? lol twas fun..

• 3 weeks later...

Graphics aren't bad especially for paint.

The main problem I see with your lookup is that it doesn't work in Firefox The Stats info doesn't appear in the box it appears under the image, you might be able to fix this with the CSS's z-index property.

Also in Firefox your black background doesn't show up.

I would make a background image that goes better with your metroid image.

I like the faded boxes for the text.

also maybe put another line break <br> after the neopets links to separate them more, maybe put two of them.

It's simple and works well in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox which I would suggest you consider fixing if possible (you may need to change the coding a little, but the overall appearance will stay the same)

I give it a...

6 / 10

mainly because it doesn't work correctly in Firefox. :P

If you need help fixing this I might be able to help (if I have time).

as far as IE goes it looks good other then the factthat there is no scroll bar for your neopets stats the only way to scroll is to start selcting and dragging the text. now i do like you layout and graphcis allot but you should really find a new way of coding becuase your neopets stats are compltly hidden behidn the images(which is againts the ruleso n neopets)on opera and firefoz which means you are using some weird coding that is IE only..

you can easily change the scroll bar colors, there are even generators out there that will give you the codeing all you do is input hte hex colors. but i think no scroll bar would be kinda pushing the rule of having all your stats visible.

ah, well showing the arrows makes it work allot better, you could probly change them to a darker grey so there is less contrast between them and the background but still visable, if you wanted them less noticable.

9/10 for the new MSP Poogle Lookup

see if you can move the scrollbar inside the box.

you can change the colors of the scrollbar too, if you don't like the current colors

<style type="text/css">
body {
scrollbar-3dlight-color:grey;
scrollbar-arrow-color:white;
scrollbar-face-color:grey;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:black;
scrollbar-highlight-color:lightgrey;
scrollbar-shadow-color:darkgrey;
scrollbar-track-color:lightgrey;
</style>

okay, but If I move them inside of teh box it gets squished and adds another scrollbar andI dont like that and if you are using firefox or opera the scrollbars are goign to show..but that is just they way those browsers are....to see how it is supposed to look try IE6 or IE7