For those that use Chrome

fulgaraverde

Do you also find that Neopets pages will sometimes/often fail to load if you have adblock plus enabled? I have it installed in my browser and when I open a new neopets page, I often find it will either take a while (~1 minute) to load, or not load at all. If I pause adblock, everything runs fine, albeit obviously with ads instead of without. I have had some success with keeping adblock running but telling it to block the space at the top of the screen where the ad would normally be, resulting in a very thin top bar, and usually if I request a page from an already loaded page (ie clicking explore when on the boards etc) then it most often loads without fault.

Is this just me, or do other users experience the same? How do you deal with it?

Also, PS: Neat trick I've picked up recently, don't know if people know it's a thing or not. Wary about clicking onto peoples' petpages/user or pet lookups? In Chrome, right-click -> open link in incognito window. No cookies can be stolen as they're disabled in incognito mode, so you're not logged in. Sadly, doesn't work for things you need to be logged in to see - shops, galleries, etc. but not bad for things like petpages.

I use Chrome, and Ad Block (on both Windows Vista and 7) and I've had no issues like that at all. Sometimes some pages, mostly just the main page, take a little longer to load, but it's not affected by turning off Ad Block.

Hmmm... I use Chrome, and I often get "white pages," but it isn't just on neo (can't think of any other sites off the top of my head), though I've noticed it mostly with Neopets.

I didn't realize AdBlock might have something to do with it (I have AdBlock enabled as well).

I don't know how to fix it though. My solution has been to hit the F5 key if the page is white for more than 5 seconds.

Also, great tip for the petpages! That never occurred to me!

I use Chrome for my main, and always get the blank page when I first arrive on Neo, usually at the homepage. This also occurs when using items in my inventory after hitting "Close and Refresh", but nothing a little refreshing won't fix.

And neat trick, I never knew that before! Well, I'll just have to do that from now on!

I've been completely fine with that, never encountered a problem with it. :)

However, I do have Notscripts installed. Do you have that? It automatically blocks all new previously unencountered pages, until you allow it to. So when I visit new pages, I have to remember to enable it :yes: Could it be that? :)

Alright, well, it's nice to know it's not just me. Sweetdang, I don't have Notscripts (the whole password thing put me off) so it's definitely not that. Maybe I'll just have to start putting up with the ads - or with the loading times. :P

oh, i've got notscripts and it's working perfectly for me =D

but yeah, i've been experiencing the white pages too, they're annoying, but i keep adblock pauzed, i only use it on sites that have way too much ads ;)

Chrome often fails to load Neopets when I use it. I also have ad block installed, though I don't know if that is the reason for it. I've decided to use different browsers for Neopets, because ads are worse than firefox with adblock :)

Actually, I did have this problem before, but I assumed it was my internet because I opened wayy too many tabs at once.

Quite a few times, then.

Hmm.

Also, you only really need to enter the password once, after which, you can forget all about it. :D If it really scares you, pop it into your email as a draft, and save it. :)