Nesters Won't Lay eggs...

Lady Lyuba

I only have one Pinchit nester left and it only has at last a day left or so before it dies, I need it to lay an egg for another Nester, and the blue bar isn't appearing. I can't close out because if I come back, the Nester won't be in the nest like it should, and I can't stay on any Neopets page for too long or I'll be logged out. How long does it usually take for a Nester to start laying an egg? I wait for a long time and still no blue bar.

You really do need to close out--you're right, the nester probably won't be where it's supposed to be. But that's why the blue bar won't show up--sometimes, this silly thing happens where it doesn't count what you did.

Here is what I suggest:

1) Refresh the page.

2) Find your nester. How is its health? Is it tired at all? Lacking in food? Make sure its stats are FULL--put it in a house if necessary. If it's fine, DO NOT DRAG IT OR MOVE IT! After it has been in the house for a while (if it needs it), refresh before moving on.

3) As I said, do not drag it or move it--I've noticed that if you put it in the wrong place first, it will NOT accept the second action. So just click on it and look at its stats. If it's fine, THEN put it on a nest.

4) Make sure your nest is at 100%. Get your workers/soldiers on it!

What I said in step #3 may be the reason why it wasn't working. That usually causes the problems for me.

^I agree with everything Karina said, I just want to add, if your nester dies, then Professor what's-his-name will give you a new one.

In fact, even if ALL of your P3s die, he'll give you three more to start with.

So in any case, you're not going to never be able to lay eggs again or anything :P

Try letting it harvest for a couple cycles before putting it back on the nest. I don't know if it's like this in all habitariums (mine has some glitches) but after my nesters are done incubating an egg or have just come out of the house they need to perform another activity for a few cycles before nesting again or they won't lay an egg.