"jucheck.exe" Won't go away!

Lady Lyuba

So I have this alert telling me a program called "jucheck.exe" is trying to access my computer, and it comes from an unknown publisher. I keep hitting "Cancel" and it keeps coming back! Not only that, but this alert is messing up the way my computer is operating, everything is slow and freezes for a few seconds. What can I do to get rid of this virus so my computer will run like normal again? This alert and program DOES NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I KEEP DENYING IT PERMISSION!!!

I can tell very few people are in this forum as the last post was over a month ago but if there is anybody who can please help me? I check for Details on this program and there are none! No matter how many times I try to end this program it keeps coming back HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually had this same problem a while back! The best way to get rid of it when it comes up is deleting the file from your computer. When you say there's nothing under Details, does that mean the dropdown is blank, or that the file in question doesn't exist? If it's the former, I can't help. If it's the latter, then it's because the area it's in is hidden. You'll have to manually type in the file location to get to it and delete it. However, this doesn't work permanetly and it will come back when you restart your computer.

I got rid of it permanently was a System Restore. There may be eaiser ways, but this got rid of it and nothing else would, so! There is a lovely guide here for XP, but there are no differences between this and how I did it on Vista, so it should be consistent through the more recent Windows OSes. Be sure and pick a point from before this started happening. Go back a fair ways if you can't remember. This will not effect your files, but it will effect your installed programs. hence why it gets rid of the jucheck thingy. It'll take a bit for it to restore, but after it'll just boot your computer up and you can log in and go about your business.

That was very detailed and helpful, Anime, thanks for the explanation. I know I got a bit panicked there, I was afraid of a virus, and I Googled the problem, and found that many times it said it was a Java Updater, as you, Viridian, have said. Now I know what to do next time.