Collectors - How do you Decide?

Lady Kakata

I love the idea of collecting items that move. :) Both creative and challenging. I know there are tons of negg galleries out there, but I just think neggs are so much fun! (Meerca Chase has always been my fave game...) So I collect neggs and most negg related items. I was very excited to realize that the genius negg was a GMC prize, because that lowers the price of the negg as well as all four books that come from that negg. Yayness! I also have a really random gallery on my side account. Basically I stick anything in there that I happen across and think is cute or fun.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I started collecting different kinds of drinks, but then I got bored and expanded into putting things that I like and that spark memories... The gallery is called Le Cose Che Mi Piacciono, which means the things that I like in Italian.

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=kelagurl

i love cats, so originally started an aisha gallery, but it was way too broad and many items are hugely expensive, so i narrowed it to cloud aisha items, again was too difficult to achieve it all. I also like baking so at one time i had a muffin gallery.

currently i collect kadoaties and kadoatie items, its small, but as it is a petpet, i consider it more achievable, there are also limited kadtoatie items, which made it a more achievable choice than angelpi :)

I know about a zillion people will collect the same as me, but I collect cakes and I loove thems ^^ The art is really interesting and colourful and they're just fun. Plus there's soo many I'll be collecting for a long time :)

I don't know if I ever really decided for my gallery. I had saved all the advent calender stuff from the past 2 years in my SDB, so I decided to make that a gallery. I still have a long way to go. I'm going to go back to the beginning of the advent calender and start there. :O

I first started a negg collection. Then I debated between starting a faerie collection but then I started obsessing over paint brushes.

Finally i decided to just have one big gallery with all the pretty things that catch my eye. (pbs, goodie bags, really cheap stuff that is nice to look at) :D

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have an Eyrie gallery back in the day that was very nearly complete. I then left Neopets for a few years, and when I returned recently I discovered that the gallery was extremely out of date. And worth a LOT of NP. So, I sold a few items and thought about what could be fun to collect. I decided why not collect the Neopets versions of the things I like in real life? So that's what my current gallery is. It's been just a blast to put together.

I collect slorg items because ever since I first saw them I thought they were so cute, I love how happy they always look. :) I also like collecting them because there aren't a tremendous amount of them, like there are faerie items or chocolate items etc, so I feel like collecting all the slorg items is completely possible for me so I don't feel like I'm working towards an impossible goal.

I collect coffee and tea because I'm obsessed with them in real life. I also collect stained glass windows because they are super pretty, and I'm trying to start a Taelia/snow-themed collection because I love winter and Taelia has always been my favorite faerie. Basically I just collect pretty things that catch my eye; I'm sort of a magpie.

• 2 weeks later...

I also collect petpets mostly because I find them SUPER cute...plus you never know how they'll appreciate in value over time. But mostly they are SUPER DUPER cute and I just can't get enough <3 Plus...it seemed like a manageable thing to collect...like it wasn't never ending (although it totally is!)

One of my favourite petpets is the Lutra, but there are also a few that I REALLY want that just won't happen because they are a couple of mill over what I have. :3 Like these:

pandaphant_white.gifpetpet_turmac.gifgpp_momba.gif (This next one (blue) is the Lutra) lutra_blue.gif

I could also see myself collecting Turmac Items one day :3

I started by selling chocolates in my shop and recently someone neomailed me and offered 200k to trade all the chocolates I had in my shop and some others I had in my SDB.. Then I realised they were quite a bit and decided to fill my empty gallery with them, and other happy looking objects that were animated. I don't know the full list though, I've recently been adding a little more effort. It's a small gallery (http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=ocean_surfer) and if anyone knows of any other animated objects feel free to neomail me <3