How do you raise your pet's battle stats?

Welcome Back Apathy

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you raise your pet's battle stats?

• Training at one of the schools
    • Lab Ray
    • Negging/Altador Strength Potion/other items
    • You missed a spot! I do something else entirely!

I have never used the lab ray for training, it is too risky and not really worth it. The training schools are the most reliable method to train I think, since you can pick exactly what happens and such, but it is expensive, which is why I don't really train my pets much. Though I keep collecting codestones with the intention of training, but never do it.

I use the training schools. I use to mainly use the Island Training School but since the Krawk Island dailies have given me a few dubloons, I've been using the Swashbuckling Academy more - I don't really mind the length of time it takes as I'm not a regular trainer. Also Faerie Quests are useful but I haven't had one of those for months now. I'm not much of a battler, I just want to raise stats for avvies, trophies and in case any more plots require it.

I'm training terzaterzaterza at the Island Academy and he's up to three codestones

a lesson. My plan is to train him to level 250; strength and defense to level 500 and

hit points to 750. I don't care about movement. Then I'll start training a second

pet that's going to be turned into a mutant draik and for that pet, the sky is the limit

on training. But that's way down the road since I don't have money for a potion yet.

I don't use neggs and I haven't had much luck on quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use the lab ray, but soon got fed up with the constant up and down of stats. Now I use the Mystery Island training school almost exclusively. I'm just working on getting him up to level 250 and then hitting up the ninja school before I start really training on the new stats. It's just too expensive with 8 codestones right now to train in anything but level.

I started out zapping my pet then I used the training schools to even everything out(except movement) and I got it all the way up to 222hp 200d 200 at and level 100...movement 42... Near the end of teh Faeries Ruin plot I decided to stop at these numbers I found cool...and I have not trained since...:P

Except for my book reading obsession...his intel is up to 2177...

I used to use the lab ray, but soon got fed up with the constant up and down of stats. Now I use the Mystery Island training school almost exclusively. I'm just working on getting him up to level 250 and then hitting up the ninja school before I start really training on the new stats. It's just too expensive with 8 codestones right now to train in anything but level.

Don't you need ten codestones to make the red ones that you need at the secret ninja school?

I am on the doorstep of 5 codestone training, myself...

• 4 weeks later...

I just train them at Mystery Island. I keep all my codestones from Key Quest. They're getting ridiculously expensive! Lab ray is too expensive and not really worth it, to me at least. But it does kind of blow because I didn't raise HP first and did everything else. So now I pay 3 codestones to raise 1 small point for HP. :eh:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.