The Kirby Series Topic

Tedhaun

It wouldn't hurt to have an appreciation/discussion topic about the Kirby games, right?

Kirbycolors.png

Feel free to talk about the Kirby games and characters past and present here. Discussion of the Kirby anime and elements are also allowed in this topic.

I'll kick things off with a list of my favourite Kirby games (in chronological order):

Kirby's Dream Land- The first of the series. It's still a good game, but the later games had more enhanced features than the original though.

Kirby's Adventure- Not only this was the only Kirby game for the old NES, but this game really gave the true features of what Kirby games are today with the copy abilities, bosses and such.

Kirby Super Star- Honestly, who could never resist 9 games in one action-packed Game Pak? This is one of the greater Kirby titles to be released, and the Nintendo DS remake also ruled, even though there were some added twists to it.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards- The first Kirby game I ever played, I got interested with the series after beating this one. Also, I had fun with combining powers in this one, and it's the only Kirby game to ever have awesome power combinations, too.

Kirby: Squeak Squad- Truly the Kirby equivalent of New Super Mario Bros. if you ask me, as well as the best recent Kirby game until Return to Dream Land comes out.

Kirby's Epic Yarn- The latest of the series is pretty good, but I've yet to play through more of it myself.

Also, is anyone else excited for getting the two new Kirby games for the Nintendo DS (Kirby: Mass Attack) and Wii (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)? You know I am willing to get both of them for Christmas this year to add on to my Kirby collection. (:

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that I might bump this topic since Kirby: Mass Attack is out at gaming stores nationwide. I gave this game a try, and it felt like a Kirby/Pikmin hybrid in several ways. I wonder if anyone else here played/tried Kirby: Mass Attack here? Here's the TV ad for the game:

I LOVE KIRBY!

Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star, and ESPECIALLY The Crystal Shards. :woot:

Has anyone here played Kirby Air Ride? I'm wondering if I should get it. :)

I LOVE KIRBY!

Dream Land, Adventure, Super Star, and ESPECIALLY The Crystal Shards. :woot:

Has anyone here played Kirby Air Ride? I'm wondering if I should get it. :)

I have. It's actually quite fun, I enjoyed it a lot more than Mario Kart: Double Dash.

I always killed so much time in the city mode with three other CPUs alone.

• 3 weeks later...

I should of posted this several days ago, but I was busy with the Masks of Dread event. Kirby's Retrun to Dreamland is out for Wii systems nationwide!

Here's the TV ad for it if you like:

I noticed a few old enemies who haven't been seen in over a decade returning as well in this game, like the Bouncy from Kirby's Dream Land 2, and the Pacto from Kirby's Dream Land 3. I have plans on getting this game for the holiday season myself. I may pencil in some time to play Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star to celebrate.

One more thing, Kirby's Adventure is going to become a downloadable 3D Classic for the Nintendo 3DS. It will be released in Europe first, and North America a week after its European release. I'm surprised that Nintendo's releasing a lot of good Kirby stuff before his 20th anniversary. :O

• 3 weeks later...

I have awesome memories with my cousin playing Kirby Air Ride. We completed all of City Trial together and that took a good long time xD

I'm so happy my bf got me both Kirby Mass Attack and Return to Dream Land for my birthday :3 He knows what I like xD

Kirby's Adventure, downloadable for Nintendo 3DS?

Then I'm-a getting one later!

Yes it is, Haduo. I'm not sure if it's available in your area yet, but it's out in the US and Europe if you like. Here's a trailer of gameplay (I've been waiting for one to come up for the 3DS version):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-FS4Hq6cw

If you ask me, it doesn't look much different from the original NES game with the exception of a few bug fixes (no more infinite Mike glitch I'm assuming) and some depth differences, along with a fancy pink border. I'd stick with the original NES game myself. The 3D graphics will appear better if you're playing it on an actual 3DS opposed to watching gameplay footage of it on YouTube. Here's some more info and screenshots for the 3DS version right here.