Help me build a set?

I can don't have much neopoints and i am saving for a draik egg for my friend what would be a good L6 set?for a penny pincher?my curent set is

Staff of Righteous Fury

Golden Compass

Greater Healing Scroll

Patched Magic Hat

Leaf Shield

Downsize!

Sroom Fruit Potion

Rainbow Scroll

help me :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the "Edit" button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The first question you're going to have to ask: what is your budget for the upgrades?

Also, what kind of battling are you involved in? 1player, 2 player or both?

If you're going 1p, you may want to add some situational use items like purple sticky hand or a heavy robe of thievery (needs 201 agi or more though)

If you're going 2p, you can consider things like Flaming Blooble Potion, Vial of Fragrant Oil as they deal a decent number of icons if your opponent meets a certain int requirement. You can also consider things like flask of liquid light and flask of liquid fire, but I have no idea what kind of effect they would produce. Most likely, it is also int based, dealing many icons.

A freezer would be nice, but if you're tight on np, you'll have to consider getting either fragile 100% freezers (ancient lupe wand is a lupe species only freezer, and it can break, however not very likely), or a 50% freezer called Randomly Firing Freeze Ray. The next step up would be 100% species freezers like entangling lenny lasso/lenny ray gun of freezing, Icy Chia Goggles. You could also consider upgrading to things like h400 helmet or above when you have the np. If you're really tight on np, you could try the green frost cannon, or the slightly better snowglobe staff.

A dual duty like Hanso Charisma Charm can be useful as well. It is better than the golden compass, dealing 1 more icon offensively, and defending against all dark.

As a side note:

I know its nice to save up for a draik egg for a friend, but arn't those things very expensive? If you're interested in going to battle a lot, saving up a lot of np is definitely needed. The np you save for yourself would probably create a decent set. Your friend could probably accumulate enough np to buy a draik egg on their own.

Yea, you're a reeeally nice friend. :D But there is alot you can do with that 13mil! You could give her 11 mil and then use 2mil for your battledome if you really wanted to. :yes: But if you're that dead set on getting her that (awwh. :) ) then about the Hanso Charisma Charm? It is VERY useful for 1p, esp for a low level low defense/strength like mine.

It is costly though (depending on what you classify as "costly") so if you had plot points left over, jump over to the shop and spend 'em! :D

Also I'm not very sure what I'm talking about, because I don't battle much, but you might want to get a scarab ring. Idk, I like mine very much. :) But I don't know how to balance and all that (not experienced) so. Don't take my word for it. Good job on the leaf shield though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

it depends what kind of battling you do.

If its 1player, take out the Sroom Fruit Potion as it wont be scoring its maximum attack. For 2player, it can be effective against opponents with intelligence more than dull, and for that reason, some players decided to drain away their pet`s int to avoid int-based weapons.

Rainbow scroll does 3 wind, 3 light and 3 water icons

Ice Club does 3 water, 3 wind, 3 phys icons.

In terms of icon count, they are both the same. Though I think Ice club is more expensive, and in my opinion, the rainbow scroll has better icon types to pass through defences more easily.

Hanso Charisma Charm is a good equip, blocking all dark, and dealing 5 earth, and 5 light. For 1 player, this can help a bunch when battling opponents that deals dark icons, such as vira.

HCC might not be very useful in 2p, as its already too popular, and people may avoid using Heavy dark dealing weps. Also, the pirate captain hat and the new hubrid nox memorial shield would cripple the hcc quite badly. HCC is decent against a player who does burrow/sink as it lands 50% of the icons quite easily on both of those moves. Sometimes, its just hard to pierce someone's defence when they use sink/burrow

• 3 weeks later...

I'll assume it's a 2P set, because of the presence of Sroom Potion. :)

I'd recommend swapping Patched Magic Hat for Sophies Magic Hat or (best, in my opinion) Royal Blue Cape. Since you've got a GoC in there, dark will be more or less covered, and together L-Shield and RBC cover everything else.

On the topic of your constants, if you're going to use Sroom Potion, I'd recommend Flask of Liquid Light or Flask of Liquid Fire instead. It'll make for good stacking with your other constants, and they have the same intel requirements as Sroom. However, I'm not too fond of intel potions anyway, mostly because everyone seems to outlaw them, and it'd make set building so much less interesting.

If you don't decide to use another intel potion, another good option for constants is Pike Pike. Combined with GoC and Rainbow Scroll, they make for a pretty good stacking trio. ^_^

It's also a good idea to have a freezer in typical battling, but I prefer being able to spend ages fitting my constants together, so I normally battle non-freeze. :)