Have I been hacked?

Lady Lyuba

I'm in Habitaruim or some other page for a long time, then when I click on my Neopoints to go to my inventory to feed my pets, I'm logged out and have to log back in again. This has been happening a lot lately, and I'm afraid I have been hacked! What can I do?

I'm in Habitaruim or some other page for a long time, then when I click on my Neopoints to go to my inventory to feed my pets, I'm logged out and have to log back in again. This has been happening a lot lately, and I'm afraid I have been hacked! What can I do?

First things first: add a bank PIN to your account! Enable it everywhere for extra security.

Then, as RoboHissi said, enable the Birthday Security feature and change your password.

It wouldn't hurt to clear your cache and cookies too. Sometimes cookies act funny and don't know whether you're logged in or not, hence you having to log in constantly.

If you were hacked, the person would be able to see your birthday, rendering the birthday measure useless. However, it wouldn't hurt to try! :D If nothing's been lost, nothing is missing or wrong, then your account should be fine, just clear your cache and cookies. But better safe than sorry, try changing your password, email, pin (if you already have one, if not, activate one). Log out and log back in again. This would make the stolen cookie useless.

Also, if you want to prevent this happening anymore, you can download noscript, a very useful safety measure that prevents you from being CG-ed. This, however, can only be used on firefox. Should you be using chrome or rockmelt, you can download, from the web store, a free program called Notscripts that basically does the same thing. After logging in, though, the instructions to change or add a password may be confusing, but you'll figure it out. I've found it very useful so far. :) Keep in mind that when you activate it, before you add a password (it will give you instructions on how) you won't be able to access the pages you have open, so I suggest you shut everything first. If you have any questions, drop me a PM. :)

Best of luck!

I have the Birthday security enabled already, and recently I changed my email to one I use more often. I know it's correct as I'm getting messages from Neoptes on there. But as far as password and PIN goes, that is correct. I'll try that, and if that doesn't work, clearing my cache/cookies will.

----------------

Anyway I changed my PIN ealier today, then I had a page on Neo I left open and forgot about (on New Features) Then I went to change my password and IT LOGGED ME OUT AGAIN!!!!!! Logged back in, changed my password. Even cleared my cache (Chrome has a trickier way of doing it then Safari). Might work, but changing my PIN did not. If I still leave Habitarium or any other page on Neo open for a few hours, and it LOGS ME OUT AGAIN, what do I do then!?