Did anyone get this right

barkie

Round: 420

Given the line below, remove six letters so that the rest name a famous Neopian Legend (without rearranging the remaining letters' order).

NSICIKNXLEETOPTIERSA

Who is the legend?

Answer: Nick Neopia

I read it as The rest being all remaining letters were to be used to name the Legend. I had Nick Neopia but did not submit as there were still letters remaining after the 6 were removed

TNT was tricky with this one. The letters you remove are S,I,X,L,E,T,T,E,R,S . . . SIX LETTERS

Very sneaky but I got it after finding the word Neopia was in it

Oh That was tricky but I should have seen it as I am an avid Cryptic crossword fan . I saw the six but went no further with that line of thought. Thanks for clearing it up though as I was mulling it over still trying to work out what the twist was

It's alright. Took me awhile to get it & even then I had to check around some of the TDN articles for Nick Neopia because I was on hiatus during that April Fool's (I thought maybe I just made the name up in my head . . . )

I saw that there was Neopia but thought that that was to throw me off, I didn't really try too hard on that one. Lol at it being Nick Neopia though. "Famous Neopian legend" my foot.

But if you continue with their line of trickery, "famous" because that event fooled & confused a lot of people so it (& he) would be well remembered, he is "Neopian" since his last name is Neopia (could be a family name), and "Legend" because he is not real, a myth or legend . . .

I just felt like justifying my receiving 600 some NP . . .

Congrats on getting it right Syrin! TNT sure likes to mess with my mind! I wouldn't have thought we have to remove six letters literally. :rolleyes_anim:

P.S what/who is Nick Neopia anyway?

Nick Neopia was a character that TNT created for an old April Fools joke back in 2003, about a "radical" new design for the Neopets site, calling it Neopetz.

This would be him:

90_nickneopia.gif

But if you continue with their line of trickery, "famous" because that event fooled & confused a lot of people so it (& he) would be well remembered, he is "Neopian" since his last name is Neopia (could be a family name), and "Legend" because he is not real, a myth or legend . . .

I just felt like justifying my receiving 600 some NP . . .

I just find it amusing that it's a reference to an April Fools joke from eight years ago as opposed to some major character from a plot or something. I think it's pretty hilarious haha. I love Nick Neopia.

I actually figured out the answer without figuring out the 'six letters' part...figured I might be wrong because there were so many extra letters left but submitted it anyway in a moment of insanity. Ended up actually getting the trophy! :)

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky you. :(

But ocngrats on it, anyway!