Boycotting Toys R Us

DeAndra

Well, I am a full time student/ full time mom at the moment. But I needed a part time job, so I decided to apply at Toys R Us. Mind you I applied there last year, got an interview, then no call back. :(

But I tried my luck again this year, so I got a call, did the interview two days ago, and again, no call back.

Boy I tell you, this is BEYOND Deja Vu. I am like, boycotting Toys R Us lol.

It sucks sometimes when you really want to get hired somewhere specific and it doesn't work out.

Have you tried calling to follow up?

Also, did they give you a time frame that they would contact you in? I've had jobs wait a week or two before calling after interviews.

I actually did call to follow up and they said the HR manager wasn't in. But my friend was at the same interview and they already called her.

I will wait a few more days and call again, but I feel liek the same thing that happened last year is going to happen again lol.

They said to give them a week, but if they already called someone I am a tad worried.

I would suggest following up with them in about 1-2 weeks. Sometimes it takes a little longer.

Another suggestion if you're going to apply somewhere else is make your resume stand out. I got some professional help with mine because it was looking really boring. Once I submitted my resume to the grocery store in town where I live I had to wait about two weeks before I got a call and when I did I was out of town so the next day after I got back I called them. It turns out they wanted me to start right away without an interview and that rarely happens (at least as far as I'm aware of).

I wish you luck, it's not always easy to find a job that fits your schedule.

I would suggest following up with them in about 1-2 weeks. Sometimes it takes a little longer.

Another suggestion if you're going to apply somewhere else is make your resume stand out. I got some professional help with mine because it was looking really boring. Once I submitted my resume to the grocery store in town where I live I had to wait about two weeks before I got a call and when I did I was out of town so the next day after I got back I called them. It turns out they wanted me to start right away without an interview and that rarely happens (at least as far as I'm aware of).

I wish you luck, it's not always easy to find a job that fits your schedule.

Thank you. :)

And I got a bit of professional help with my resume as well. It is colored with all sorts of beautiful things now. Lol.

I am crossing my fingers for a call back by the end of the week, but if anything I will follow up again in a few days and see what happens.

I do hope everything works out with my schedule though.

xD OK, thats good that you just want them to hire you. For a minute, I was like, Wait? WHAT? A staff member wanting to BOYCOTT Toys-R-Us? Isn't that like, impossible?? Well, either way, good luck getting hired!

Lol, no I actually really love Toys R Us, and I will probably be back there tomorrow to get something for my daughter, but for right now, I am boycotting it LOL.

Thanks ! :)

lol xD

But I'm hoping/praying for you to get the job! :)

Yay colourful resumes!

Thank you. Maybe I am just being impatient. I thoroughly plan on calling tomorrow to complain, hehe. I shall now be a stalker to my local Toys R Us.

I'm sure they will be very happy to have a brand new stalkerfish. :D

This stalkerfish got a call back! :D No longer shall I boycott them !

Yes, I did ! They called me yesterday and said I start tomorrow. :)

I couldn't start today because I have to take my daughter to the doctor.

That's awesome! Congrats! :D Now you'll just have to try to make sure a little bit of your paychecks make it home. (I had that issue when I worked for a candle store, and Barnes & Noble.)

Lol, my checks will probably all go Roselaine. That's where all my money goes now already haha.

Hopefully some of it crosses my doorstep. Lol.

SEEEEEEE we told you so.

Nobody who staffs on TDNF can get turned down! Ir if you do, then they're the pant devil in disguise. :) Guess Toys R Us really was faerieworld, after all...

NEOPETS LURKS IN REAL LIFE.

Congrats! :)

Haha, thank you ! And lol all those great Neopets references literally just made me die of laughter. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa you took the time to fill out their ridiculously long forms? They should just hire you on principal!

Yea, the application takes forever ugh. I'm working now though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It isnt 21 days yet.. Well work life is good. I love kids so its fun. Its just a bit crazy at the end of the day when you find skateboards and baby toys in the clothes section. :P

Ooh, I never thought of that. Isn't toys-r-us HUGE? And you have to sort all that out? ._.

Yea but not alone.. Lots of team members to help..