what is the use of side accounts?

tafeltennisden

i am wondering where do you use the side accounts for?

i play now for a long time but i only have a main account and don't see at first site the advantages of side accounts?

is it to play some easy flash games to earn quick neopoints or is it to do dailies and hope for a good item? i thougt this is risky.

Pretty much, side accounts are for extra pet storage and additional galleries. I personally have side accounts because there's more than 4 pets I want.

You aren't allowed to play games or do anything that earns NP on your side accounts. TDN has a guide for multiple accounts HERE.

I used to only have a main account but recently took over my brother's old account as a side. For now I'm just using it to hold pets while I zap my current lab rat. More space is really the only advantage I can think of.

There are the advantages Spritzie mentioned, such as maybe wanting more than 4 pets.

There are also advantages of extra pet pages. I am the co-owner of a guild and need 3 side accounts just to manage all the pet pages for my guild.

Some people use side accounts for transferring items, or storage.

So I guess it really depends on whether or not you NEED a side account that merits if you have one. :)

And for those of us who have overactive imaginations and keep coming up with Neopet characters, and account themes, side accounts are an advantage, say, you have ideas for an account thats Maraquan themed and you wanted pets and a Neohome to match that, or a gallery, and perhaps you also wanted an account that was Shenkuu or Lost Desert themed as well.

Or maybe you just want it to transfer items or to express more creativity in multiple petpages, galleries, neophomes, pets etc.

I have a side account. It mostly comes in use when I need an item for a faerie quest, and also because there are more than 4 pets I want to have. It's useful for me... especially when faerie quests come into the picture. :)

And you don't HAVE to have a side account... if more of if you want one, or need one! :)