The Sims! any other addicts here?

webpixie

haha criminal isnt bad enough for my sims, i have the mafia carrer line installed ^_^ ...along with a few that are too adult to mention here, lol

custom cfeilds are fun, just another lovely hack brought to you by modthesims2. they rock over there. also resently added some stuff from a group project called simstone, basicly filntstone inspired content. the mammath shower and the record player are my fav but there are lots of cool stuff, even the car ^_^

well on the original sims the biggest differance was you had goals that you had to complete, however with sims2 have have made it so there is more you have todo to take care of yoursims they have "wants" you have to fulfill, i imagine there is still more goal oriented thigns on the console however. but also on the computer you can downlaod things to add to your game which is why i like it, user cerated stuff is SO much better then most everything maxis makes. moer realistic, more fun, more intresting. you can really make your own little world.

i wouldnt know, i didnt have a problem when i playedthe urbz but it is a tad faster using a mouse. oh yea ther other perk of the PC version. expansion packs, lol tho i dont htink ill get the new one when it gets released, tis gonna be seasons and i dont know if i want mine to have weather and season changes... will have to see more screencaps and reviews first i think

they wont be releasing any more expantion packs for the original sims however they will be for sims2, the only time they would release a sims3 is if they redo how the game works and the graphics and general and stuff.. an update tehy cant do simply with an expansion pack

Here's something I got from Wikipedia

The Sims 3 is an officially announced and upcoming sequel to The Sims 2, and the third in The Sims franchise. It is currently in development, and will be released by Maxis and distributed by Electronic Arts. It is "likely to be a fiscal '09 title," according to EA chief financial officer Warren Jenson

well personally id be mad if they came out with a 3 without a few years in between, because that would bave made 2 pointless

yes becuase i want to play a game where i pretend to clean, lol if i was gonna do that id you now just really clean.. lol

part of the fun of sims is making the fake epople do the work heh

Hi. *randomly enters conversation*

I read somewhere that Sims 2 Seasons was going to be the last expansion made for it, and they would veer towards the story modes of Sims 2 Stories, which sucks.

The Sims was an awesome game. Classic, without a doubt. The first game (In my opinion) to play out somewhat realistically. The Sims 2 came out, and it just added a whole new wave to it. I was hoping they'd sort of redo the old expansion packs for The Sims 2, but they only really did a remake of The Sims Unleashed. My favorite old expansion pack was On Holiday, because that just added a whole new level of interactivity.

In my past experiences, the first of something has been awesome, the second just falls short of its predeccessor, and the third one is usually a flop. So I'm not holding out much hope with The Sims 3. Personally.

even going to the website for it i didnt unserstand what sim stories even was, which isnt really a good sign, lol.

yeahte only thing i hae is that i cant build a group to put into the dorms of teens from my towns plus new charicters(that i make, i dont like the ones they make) for me to actully control. of course i could jsut make some 1parent houses with lots of teens and then send them all to college, but that takes allot more effort then it should, lol

i need to go fidn the cheat code to use to turn a rental property into a dorm.. ive forgotten it >.< i think motherlode is hte only cheat i ever remember, lol

mini and our cousin worship the cheat 'motherlode' lol.

and then when i was playing the sims2 and mini and our cousin watched me play, my mom came in when we were saying stuff like 'all mighty motherlooodee...' and she said "whats motherlode?"and our cuz said "motherlode does everything for you."yea so motherlode is great. xD

and its the only cheat i know.

most of the other cheats arnt really neededo n day to day things, stuff like being able to move things that your not suppose to, or turning off aging for a paticular lot. and allot of them are pretty pointless.

buthters also so that are way too much of a cheat for me to even use

motivedecay off Stops the motive bars from moving.

maxmotives Fills all motive bars.

all cheat codes for the base game

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesim...tml?mode=cheats

if you serch the same site for each expansion pack you have and then click on 'hits and cheats' some of them have other cheats only avlible with that expansion pack such as in university

changelotzoning dorm Makes an existing lot a dormitory.

yay me

PC and only PC.. downloadable user created content.. if it wasnt for that aspect i woudlnt love it so much