The Sims! any other addicts here?

webpixie

soo since sims2 has been on my mind (just installed the pets expansion) thought i would post here and see if anyone else plays the game. im not usually one for most style of video games altho i love watching my boyfriend play. Sims is more my style.

so if you are a sims fan do you play one or 2, or a game console version?

i found i really liked the urbz for the xbox, i liked that it was similar play but it was different in concept from the actul sims game, i think that should only be played on a PC so you can use custom content.

if pc based, motherload or no?

i did originally play without it but once you get the hang of it and know how to earn your way to stuff its more fun to use it and go all out making cool houses and filling them up.(if you dont know what im talking about then obviously you dont use it, lol)

also any fun sites? the biggest and best to ANY sims user is modthesims, and modthesims2

if anyone else is into it ill take a few screen shots of my most recent characters that ive been working on ^_^

oh if anyone wants the sims2 but is iffy of the price, i picked up sims2 holiday edition(make note it was the full game not the holiday expansion pack) for really cheap on ebay. And it was unopened so there was no prob registering it on the site and gaining access to the exchange.

i like teh sims, i had all 2 on ps2, (beforee they vanished), i had sims 2 on my old pc, but my pc wasn't good enough so i sold it.

i had the urbz but i didn't like that for some reason, far too confusing

i hear yea about the computer not being good enough, i had to get my boyfriend to upgrade mine so i could, of course it could still be allot better but as long as im not trying to run huge lots with lots of sims or pets running i should be fine, heh. i sitll dont often goto community lots because of load time(unlessthey are small ones anyways)

did you actully read the manual for the urbz?(just asking because i know my BF rarely reads the manuals for his games) the urbz i was able to finish withen a few days, but i followed a good tip of never actully going back to my apt. the loading time will kill you so instead just sleep at the diffrent locations and buying/installing stuff you need at them.

i play it!>.<

i had almost all the regular sims but then my cousin borrowed it like last year and he never gave it back and i told his sis that and she said he probably lost it sooo...

i got the sims 2 holidy edition and pets and glamour life though!

ITS SO FUN!

i actully havnt bought any of the stuff packs yet but i have all the expansions. was disapointed when i found out that they change so much with the pets expansion that very littel of my user created custom objects show up >.< grrrr plus most items created that work in pets wont work in the games of those without pets..so poeple gotta create 2 versions of new stuff ..basicly maxis was evil they should be more kind to people who make stuff to download online, without that stuff the sims just wouldnt be nearly as much fun!

hey do yall know if there is a way to create/adobt a new pet after ive already made and moved in a family? i forgot to add a female and i wanted puppys... lol

ermmm....i have absolutely nooo clue.

ah i found it.. you can adopt a ready made cat or dog though the phone or add a pet shop from the loht/house bin into your neihborhood and then have your sims visit ^_^

...hmm lots of simming done while i was without internet phone or tv for 3days.. times likes this i dont enjoy having voice over ip.. one thing goes out and i become a complete hermit..

I've never played the sims but I know I'd love it if I did!!! I adore that kind of game, a sort of nurture vs shootemup. Like neopets!! hehe Lately I have been playing this retro old anime game called Princess Maker 2 which people say is the 1995 precursor to all the "raise them up" kinda games around now. It's cool, I like it! You have to raise a child from 10-18 and you can train her in all sorts of ways depending on what you have her study and work as etc. I love all those retro type obscure games.

I LOVE THE SIMS FWEEEEEEEE

xD I have all 5 games on PS2 and I'm saving up to get Sims2 On the PC!

I just love making the people and telling them what to do x]

I was never smart nough to figure out how the heck you played sim city and sim world and all of those! But then I was too dumb a kid to read the rules :P hehe but I do still love the original Civilisation by Sid Meier, every time I see the new ones out I just go ahhh the good old days ;)

haha im like that with the origan trail game, i use to play the original on macs at school.. now they have had lots of diff versions of it out.

and i always sucked at sim city too not becuase i didnt understand how but becuase i hated "roads are detereating due to lack of funds" $%@!!! so i didnt end up playing the game too long(tho i gave it a sevral days) i did play a newer version of it to see how it had changed.. still wasnt really a fan..