Trading post troubles...

Sweetdang

So, there's this girl/user called gemstone4040 who offered on my "Counting Babaas" lot.

(I'm transferring items from account so lots of those are up)

And as we all know, they're only worth 1np. However, she offered me 1 organic green apple as 100np. I wanted to Neomail her to tell her that I would just give it to her, as well as inform her of the price, but she's below 13. I wanted to gift it to her but her inbox is full. In the end I accepted it, and made an offer on her lot (for the more than a carrot cake book) for the same apple and 500np. (Now that I think about it, should have given her more) She's only been around for 3 days.

Although I don't know her - at all - I feel really bad for her because I'm sure she's been going around the trading post offering way more... and people might be taking advantage of her. But there's nothing I can do about it!

Meh. So, my question is, has this ever happened to you? Seen a helpless newbie and and wanted to help? What did you do?

I'm still feeling guilty for accepting her offer, even if I did give her back 5 times what it's worth. :( She'll go on doing things like that! Meh.

Nothing you can do at this point. However, in the future, if you're going to have junk trades, maybe put in your wishlist that it's a junk trade. That way, people can get see in advance.

I was browsing for PB's and saw someone who obviously had little idea of how to trade. Their wish list was along the lines of "I want 200k but I'll take 100k less", so I offered 100k on the lot. I'm still waiting for a response, but now that I've seen this I feel bad. I might withdraw it tomorrow.

sometimes you want to be careful cause if neopets checks up on it might see you as scamming...i know it seems silly but i know someone who got temporarily frozen because of it, a person gave her over 200k for a pb that was only about 50k. If there was no conversation about it though with you saying no you have to give me this much I think you will be fine.