Why did all the SUAP owners get frozen

Rommy

So that is an exaggeration of course...there are still a few SUAP owners out there and even fewer willing to loan their pea out for the avatar. However, I keep hearing of a time....long ago, back when I had my neopets account but was too young to know how to actually do anything with the game, when SUAP owners were much more plentiful and active in the game.

For some reason, I keep reading that the majority of these accounts have since been frozen. Why so? Is it because of TNT's random freezing sprees? Or what?

Probably. TNT really needs to release a few hundred SuAPs they are RIDICULOUSLY rare, I doubt there are more than 100 in existence anymore.

Originally, the SuAP was sold through the Smuggler's Cove, which means only 120 were ever released. Chances are, a good number of them have been lost – most through abandoned or frozen accounts, but you never know if a random event could have taken one or two.

I wish TNT would find a way to make up for those lost, so 120 were always circulating. It's unlikely to happen, though. :sad01_anim:

I think it was because of mass CGer's back then.

I may be wrong though.

Of course there are still a few around, but not as much.

What is a CGer? Again....I have had my account for years and other older accounts years earlier...but I only REALLY started playing the game about 3 years ago.

CG=cookie grabber. They basically use bad links that instead steal your login information and then use it to gain access to your account. They can then drain your bank account, transfer items out of your inventory, and any number of awful things. TDN has a good article on CG protection located here

Back to the question of why so many SuAP owners were frozen, they may have gotten it through np laundering or other unacceptable activity. I think TNT pays more attention to transactions including large amounts of NP and really rare items, so they are probably more likely to catch cheating or suspect cheating. Not to say all those who get frozen ARE cheating. TNT makes mistakes too.

TNT has stated in an Editorial, that the SuAP that are taken out of circulation, no matter what happened to them, don't get replaced in the Smuggler's Cove. It can be found in THIS Editorial. I don't know whether this means they refuse to ever consider making it work that way, but it sounds like they have no plans to do so.

Hi, TNT! *throws tasty treats in your general direction* Since there is an ongoing account purge, does that mean there is a slim chance Super Attack Peas and other cove items may restock in the Smuggler's Cove once again if they were owned on a purged account? *awaits answer in anticipation of a dubloon shopping spree* ~akabob77

Apparently this is the rumour that would not die. If a Smuggler's Cove item is deleted, frozen, purged, or gets eaten by your cat, it will not cause a new one to restock in the cove. It will just go *poof* out of existence like any other item.

CG=cookie grabber. They basically use bad links that instead steal your login information and then use it to gain access to your account. They can then drain your bank account, transfer items out of your inventory, and any number of awful things. TDN has a good article on CG protection located here

I just read the article and immediately changed my password and set up a PIN for everything xD

Those accounts may also be compromised or tricked into getting their account frozen

How could one be tricked into getting frozen? It's good to get these scams out there so we can protect ourselves.