Random Acts of Kindness

Powie

A few years back, a few friends of mine on Neo would start this RAoK thing, which stands for Random Acts of Kindness. We would post whatever nice things people did back then, and it was quite cool.

It's quite rare to see it happen now on Neo, but just today while I was browsing the boards, someone gave away 25 million NPs...for free. Yep, that's right! Free.

I was lucky enough to be able to be one of the posters on the board and got 1m for free, so, that was the RAoK that I got today.

What was your RAoK experience on Neo lately? :)

wow, 1M np is really much!

but, ehh.... yeah, i've got one

a few months ago, there was somebody who was leaving, and he gave me a lost desert PB :-D

Someone was giving away a Faerie Cybunny MP on the boards; I was chatting on the board and randomly started talking about how I wish I could paint my Aisha speckled again but didn't want to spend more NP, and he sent me a speckled PB! Too bad I didn't say Pirate LOL

Ah! I try to live my life helping others. One of my favorite sayings is "Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out" - Frank A. Clark.

The other day on the boards I happened across a wonderful user who was lending their FQD for free. I still needed the avatar and I neomailed her offering full collateral but instead she just sent me the item and asked me to be fairly quick. It's been quite some time since I have encountered that on Neopets. Made my day ^_^

ROAK friday still happens on Charter... for posting on the board, you usually get a few cheap items. People also spare their votes and do other kind gestures. :) I have never received anything big from taking part in ROAK friday, but it's still nice to send a bunch of gifts to other players. :D

The only time when strangers have sent anything to me was when I won the Neoadventure Spotlight (mind you, I got a lot of junk items, but I was too polite to refuse them). I also got sent a Small Giant Squid and Titanic Squid about ten weeks after The Squid Farm was published (they're still sitting in my SDB actually :D)

I've tried over the years to be kind to people...at least, I like to think so. I've never just outright given anyone a million np or a paint brush, though.

Actually, wait, I think I did give someone a paint brush once last year. It must have been a cheap one.

But I have lent people full np for Muhaha, I've given people free stuff although usually not above 100k, I tried to lend out FQD for free about four years ago or so, but the very first person who borrowed stole it. It's hard to do random acts of kindness sometimes.

Last year, before TFR I was trying to buy a Faerie PB for my pteri but the OB was about 5 mil. I found someone selling the Faerie pteri MP for 4 mil though. I mailed them, and since it took them a week to reply they knocked off 1mil and sold it to me for 3mil. That's the biggest kindness I've gotten.

Last time I received a gift from someone was about two years ago and it was a Cybunny Transmogrification Potion which I placed in my gallery. Then I became broke and am ashamed to say I sold it along with everything else in my gallery.

Now I am back to being broke again and trying to get those stupid new map pieces.

I was trying to complete a Fairy Quest, so I went to the board and asked how much does a Blue Wocky Costume cost/from which user shops I can buy it from. Not even a minute later, a stranger sent me a Blue Wocky Costume. It made my day. :)

Oh, that reminds me! I had a Fyora quest once, and she was requesting for a bucket/sandcastle item, so I posted on the Faerie Help board and I got sent the item :) apparently it only costed something like 50NP.

It's always nice when people send you the faerie quest item you need--I've had that happen a couple of times and it's super cool.

This morning when I bought the Forgotten Shore map from a player on the trading post, it was advertised as a full map, but when I got it, I realized it was only 8 pieces! Just as I was about to NM the player, she gifted me the other piece and explained the mistake. Not so much random kindness as another honest player, but I still thought it was awesome.

It's always nice when people send you the faerie quest item you need--I've had that happen a couple of times and it's super cool.

This morning when I bought the Forgotten Shore map from a player on the trading post, it was advertised as a full map, but when I got it, I realized it was only 8 pieces! Just as I was about to NM the player, she gifted me the other piece and explained the mistake. Not so much random kindness as another honest player, but I still thought it was awesome.

Hey, hey, it was still kind of her. =p

I wonder how many players scam others by advertising maps as a full map but leave out one of the pieces by "accident." It's good to know there's still a lot of honest players.

I'd definitely neomail. It's an unfortunate fact, however, that TNT has a history of freezing people for being even tangentially related to scammers/people they think are scammers. I've heard of innocent players being frozen just for being in contact with scammers, so even though it's probably just a REALLY nice person, I'd at least think it over first.

I'm not as suspicious of other players as I am of TNT.

Last time I received a gift from someone was about two years ago and it was a Cybunny Transmogrification Potion which I placed in my gallery. Then I became broke and am ashamed to say I sold it along with everything else in my gallery.

Now I am back to being broke again and trying to get those stupid new map pieces.

i have a forgotten shore map piece, 18,000 . if youd like. ?

Wow, there are nice people in this world! :D

Nothing to me, but my sister was just talking to someone, and mentioned avatars, plus the ones she didn;t have.

THe person sent her dung items and codestones straight away, and told her to return them when she was done. Wowwhee!

EDIT: Well, it's been some days later, as you can tell. And I take back the nothing to me bit... today, and yesterday, three TDNF users - namely Kaanana, Shiny Magnezone and Xepha - gave me a 5 dubloon coin that I was asking who would sell to me. Thanks, guys <3

Edited by Sweetdang