Changing Collaterals

Izzy ♥

Hi all :)

Recent price changes for our "big ticket" items have forced me to amend the collaterals as follows:

Icy Snowflake - raised to 250,000 NP

Faerie Queen Doll - no change at 1,400,000 NP

Chokato (TCG) - raised to 3,200,000 NP

Zafara Double Agent Plushie - decreased to 6,200,000 NP

Meowclops - raised to 8,000,000 NP

If you were on the waiting list or had a pending request for one of these items (particularly the Chokato card) you will be contacted soon to discuss if you can still cover the increased collateral. Normally I would, in good faith, complete all pending lends at the original collateral however one user has already taken advantage of that with regard to Chokato so now, unfortunately, I will be requiring the revised collateral from everyone.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes,

Izzy

ALP Co-ordinator

Izzy, would it be better to have a post count requirement for ALP item lends as well? (meaning they'd have to be TDN forum members to get a lend)

I think it would make the ALP less open, but safer from such bad things happening as well. Even then I don't think it would be that hard to gain access to the ALP.

If they have full collateral, then I have no trouble lending anyone - they usually all have myTDN accounts, just not always forums ones. It annoys me enough to have to argue with people who give me their myTDN ones for reduced collateral lending I don't want to have to argue with everyone I lend LOL

With this Chokato lend I do not think the user means to rip us off. She simply borrowed via auction and has not signed into Neopets since the auction ended. When she borrowed a week ago, the 2.2mil she gave me was full collateral. I could have replaced the card instantly for less than her collateral, but I didn't know she wasn't going to sign back in to Neo. Its in the week I gave her to log back in since that the price has been inflated :( People were asking 5 million a couple of days ago though and today there are 3 or 4 passing in without bids at 3 million so they should come down some more I hope!

EDIT: Actually, her "last spotted" is now 13 days ago so that tells you how long ago she borrowed. Normally I only give a week to return items but in this case I cannot replace the card right away because the price inflated, so its no harm waiting a little longer for her to log back in.

Chokato (TCG) - raised to 3,200,000 NP

Zafara Double Agent Plushie - decreased to 6,200,000 NP

wow.:O

the prices on these two have changed a lot since I was able to use the chokato card as full collateral for the ZDAP.:P

wow.:O

the prices on these two have changed a lot since I was able to use the chokato card as full collateral for the ZDAP.:P

Wasn't ZDAP only 1 million or less a few years ago? And chokato...it's been a long time, but I think I spent only 60,000 or something.

Wasn't ZDAP only 1 million or less a few years ago? And chokato...it's been a long time, but I think I spent only 60,000 or something.

yeah...it was not that long ago...judging by the avatars I got before and after them on my avatar list, it was between December 2009 and February 2010

Edit:

Err wait... between January and February...As I seem to recall getting the Sell sell sell avatar in January that year.

the only item lendable I have left is worth more than I could ever imagine having full collateral for...the suap

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea why Chokato suddenly shot up? I mean I have no problem meeting full collateral requirements, but I'm curious to why it suddenly got to 5mil.

Errr...where did you see that? As far as I can tell, it's still only 3.2 million, according to the Avatar Lending Program page in multiple spots, and there's nothing on this forum.

Our collateral for Chokato is remaining at 3.2 million NP for now.

There are several asking more on the Trading Post, but there are 3 without bids for 2.5 - 3 million so we have no need to change our collateral ;)

• 3 weeks later...

We can't advertise the shop... or TNT will freeze it :( Thats why there are no "official" links to it. We can have the shop, but we can't officially ask for donations or link to it from anywhere on the ALP subsite.

Hey Izzy, seeing as the Icy Snowflake seems to be raising, (most people are asking for 400-500k now). Do you need a back up one? I have one sitting in my Gallery and seeing how its probably never going to be used again, rather get rid of it :P. Unless I sell it now and donate to the next target fund.

oooh. That's very confusing. I had to so search it up to find it.

If not a link... is it possible to say that tdnalp have a donation shop under that name? It's not ASKING, and it's not really official. Just..

"In case you users were wondering where we get our items from, we have many lovely people who donate pets just for alp! As for items, we also have many members of TDNF or even complete strangers who buy *over-priced* bottles of sand from us on neopets, from our shop, tdnalp. These purchases always help us out in bringing us closer to our goal, our current one being a BGC :) "

Would that be "illegal", too? :guiltysmiley:

EDIT: If I remembered that we even had a shop, I would probably donate to it more frequently. Like I did just now - because it's in my head. It would probably help the fund grow faster.

I helped out by buying some sand, love the site guys, I'm saving my nps to get loaned the Meowy and ZDAP one day. I have a problem with gambling on spooky maps and nerks though. Hope you guys get to the BGC, that would be pretty cools.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully, I have never had my account scammed...

hopefully I can find a suap lender(despite how busy I have been) before I need to send on the pea chia to the next person.

I guess that when I used the Chokato card as collateral for teh ZDAP , it was not full collateral...

• 1 month later...

Item Lending Rule #2:

Free lending never happens. We do, sometimes, lend for reduced collateral however. Reduced collateral lending is based on your post count on TDN Forums. You will need over 100 posts to qualify and the more you have, the lower the collateral you will need. If you are not a member of the forums, or you don't have enough posts to qualify yet then you will be required to have full collateral.

If you can't afford the collateral, and you aren't active enough to reduce it down to what you do have - then you can't borrow through us.

• 4 weeks later...