Computer Question

My brother plays a game called Minecraft(classic) he told me I cannot play because his account on our cpu has different files?

Anyone knows what that means? He told me if I play it will destroy the Cpu? Is that true?

No it will not destroy the CPU. That is insane. However, it's possible that by playing, you erase his game data with your own. I'd guess that's why he's telling you this.

Not much aside from physical damage or a powerful virus can actually destroy a CPU, lol. This sounds a lot like the tactic my mother employed when my sisters were younger. If she thought they had been on the computer too long, she would tell them it was "tired" and that it needed to "rest". He likely just doesn't want you messing around with his game. Or he may find it less appealing if his sister starts playing, lol.

Yeah, but every time I try to play he starts yelling at me. He even once said to my parents "She just wants to play what I play!" Then he says "My files are different from your Cpu Account!". He uses it all the time and nothing happens to him. And when I say I'll make another account on our Cpu he says no. (the account I'm talking about is when you start up your Cpu it says guest and yours.)

Yeah, but every time I try to play he starts yelling at me. He even once said to my parents "She just wants to play what I play!" Then he says "My files are different from your Cpu Account!". He uses it all the time and nothing happens to him. And when I say I'll make another account on our Cpu he says no. (the account I'm talking about is when you start up your Cpu it says guest and yours.)

I've played many games in my years of being online. Diablo, Diablo 2, All of the call of duty titles, World of Warcraft, just to name a few. I have never found a game where your computer login name matters. I'm guessing they are right. He's either doing it because if you play it will lose his appeal, because the game only allows for one save file (Which could be fixed by backing up and saving the game data), or.....he just don't let you play to torment you.

As I understand it, Minecraft savegames are tied to Minecraft accounts rather than computers, and you can have multiple savegames per account (up to four or five if I remember correctly), so there really should be no reason for your brother to be complaining. :eh: