A question about the Faerie Paint Brush

GuardianAwesome

that's true, but they deflated because of the faeries ruin plot, and you can get one in the faerie caverns, and other paint bursh-dailies like the fruit machine.

it's possible they'll inflate, but not as much as some other skyrocket-inflating items.

I can see them still going up some. But I don't think they'll ever get back to where they were, partially because as lisauntie said, they can be obtained from dailies and partially because there's no telling how many were stockpiled after the plot when the prices dropped to almost buyable (in some cases).

Watching the auctions is a better way to gauge the price than the trading post since prices are often inflated there as well. You'd be surprised how little it might inflate because everyone probably used their points on an item that they thought would inflate, even though if everyone thinks the same way, the opposite happens. I actually still haven't spent my plot points because I'm in no rush to get the items, and after the plot has been finished for a while, you start to see what the real prices of all the items will be.

Watching the auctions is a better way to gauge the price than the trading post since prices are often inflated there as well. You'd be surprised how little it might inflate because everyone probably used their points on an item that they thought would inflate, even though if everyone thinks the same way, the opposite happens. I actually still haven't spent my plot points because I'm in no rush to get the items, and after the plot has been finished for a while, you start to see what the real prices of all the items will be.

^This.

Something to note, though, is that getting ASPs for your points would make you richer if you just plan to sell off the items you get (for now). Makes me wonder how many players are actually holding on to their points as investments.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah if it's retired it the price would go up because not a lot of people would have it.

You forgot that this is consumable. Few people need more than one, but it's possible they may have already used it. If someone's pet got a colour change due to the lab ray or a random event, it's possible a paint brush would be required. You can't really treat this like a book item.

And I don't trust the retired tag. Firstly, is there even a paintbrush shop? That means paint brushes must be bought from either user shops and obtained through random events mostly, so supply is slow. And people forget that what ultimately determines the price is the buyer. If you don't want to pay that high, you won't buy it. Of course, if people are willing to pay that high, they will buy it but that still means very few people actually buy at that price.

Thus that's why the logic behind watching auction prices work. That's where successful TP trades usually go through and you can see what prices buyers and sellers actually agree on.