TNT is mean. =(

They took it. THEY. took it. TNT sucks. :hairy: :hairy: :skull: :skull: :competitive: :competitive: :stitchface:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Debates must actually have criteria to debate. Complaining about TNT is not a debate.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets Debate’ to ‘Neoepts General Chat’.

What did TNT take from you? I mean I can name many reasons why TNT are the strictest and at times meanest people ever but I am curious as to what exactly was taken from you.

Aww, why not ask your parents to work that out for you so you can have access to the things you liked?

Guest iYoshinho

This was your fault. They do not want you fighting on the neoboards especially if you are under 13. Also releasing any hint of your age can get you silenced or warned.

Being under the age of 10 and being able to post of the boards is a privilege! They had every right to take the consent away if you are arguing on the boards over your age. You are honestly lucky the didn't completely silence you or freeze your account.

I'd contact them and see is you can even get your parental consent back or not.

Something that's always confused me was why TNT even bothered with the consent stuff. :mellow:

COPPA is a pain in the butt to work around. Why don't just keep all over-13 non-approved content away from the under-13 year old's and be done with it?

Having dealt with COPPA in the past it just sooooooo much easier that way.

Coincidentally, how does TDN Forums handle that for underage users? Seeing as you have to have an email address to have an account? O.o

i'm 12, i would LOVE to have parental conent, but my parents won't sign it.........

too bad, just try to get it back, and you'll see what happens.

good luck

The minors in neopets is kinda' stupid. What dangerous things can there be on a children's website? Plus you can ignore lots of things including users in neopets so pll won't bother you or other things.

It's not that there's anything dangerous specifically on Neopets, it's the law.

COPPA (Child Online Privacy Protection Act) states that you cannot collect or store personal information (including email addresses) from children. The law defines a child as anyone under the age of 13. There's also other regulations about what content under-13s can access and what they can't.

I'm 12 & I have access to the NeoBoards... and my parents would NEVER sign a parental consent paper... I bet i set my age as 13 when i signed up. :O

Just so you know, if TNT finds out you've lied about your age they can & will freeze you. ^^;

Just so you know, if TNT finds out you've lied about your age they can & will freeze you. ^^;

That is why she posted it here! XD Lol but yeah it is a serious thing. I used to always lie about my age, but not on dcoolb, and have real access.

I know. I lied about it because of the security thing... I'm kind of paranoid about people knowing how old I am, especially when people have reported getting viruses from Neopets...

That is why she posted it here! XD Lol but yeah it is a serious thing. I used to always lie about my age, but not on dcoolb, and have real access.

Exactly. :P

I used to lie about my age EVERYWHERE, up until last year when I made myself a Facebook account and my mom found out and... kaboom went the dynamite xD

So? if my mom lets me have my consent, THEN IT'S OKAY. If SHEEES the one who gave it to mye in the first place, then they should not have taken it away.

Nope, that's not how it works, I'm afraid. By getting into a fight, you broke the rules you agreed to follow when you were given parental permission, and neopets has every right to take away your privileges for that.

uh, no. She gave it, i should still have it.My mom made the account, but i forced her ^^ and we share it. she doesn't get on, but i do. =D I HAVE A HALLOWEEN XWEE ON THERE! RAWR!

and a purple zafara. I gots some epic pets, and i wanna show em off. I hope boochi will come and zap Raven_theworgenqueen.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's kinda like this.

You need parental permission to go on a field trip. So your mom signs the consent form saying you are allowed to go on the field trip. You go to the zoo with all your classmates. If you behave, you get to stay in the zoo and have fun, after all your mom signed the consent form. But if you punch one of your classmates in the face, it's VERY likely that one of the teachers or parents will either take you back to the bus or make you stay right next to them the entire time. You could say "But my mom signed a consent form! I should have free rein in the zoo!" but your mom signing the consent form isn't as powerful as what you do with your own actions that indicate whether or not you are responsible or respectful, and could make it so OTHER people don't enjoy going to the zoo.

I like the zoo analogy, it seems right. I doubt it restricts the site terribly to have your parental consent taken away, although I don't know specifically what will change for you.

If it's just the boards, don't worry about it. They're full of trolls and if you were fighting on them before, why would you want to go back, right?