Hey TNT! You know what, we have Lives!

tempdisplay

I think that it's fair and not fair at the same time. I was one of the many who missed just one day (hey, I needed to go out with some friends!), and I was disappointed to see I hadn't gotten the theme, yes. But I understand that the amount of time you put into something can make a big difference; and it did. I'm not too upset because they're pixels that I didn't get. I'd rather spend time with friends instead XD

Of course it's fair. I'm not happy about it, but it's perfectly fair. That's the kind of effort you have to put in when playing a time sensitive game like Neopets. Silly me, having a job and not being able to log onto Neo every day. :P

Also, here's how stupid I am: it took me three days to figure out that I got to search multiple spots on the map every day. Good going, Leila. <_< So yeah, I didn't stand a chance of getting that theme. Oh well, maybe next time.

Personally I think it's fair as it gives people who put in the effort an extra reward, just as the "older" people in Neopia have better stuff than the people who just got on Neo like, month ago.

To the argument that the site theme isn't worth anything in Neopoints, would you have liked it if it actually was? Imagine if instead of a site theme, they gave out Draik Eggs. Would you have rather that happened?

OFF TOPIC: Overall I have to say Neopets is still a FREE game. If I had my way I'd say it's unfair for us to be having so much fun by paying nothing (except having a computer and an internet connection, both of which I believe everyone should have, anyway).

Umm, no. I am under the assumption that the theme was obtained by doing 5 island searches each day and then after those days were up, doing 1 puzzle each day. The last glitchy day had no bearing on prize results.

Well, I did 5 searches each day and I did all the puzzles and yet I couldn't get the site theme which is not fair.

To the argument that the site theme isn't worth anything in Neopoints, would you have liked it if it actually was? Imagine if instead of a site theme, they gave out Draik Eggs. Would you have rather that happened?

Ofcourse I wouldn't have liked it! I mean like I said before, I did everything but still I didn't get that site theme prize! It would have made me sadder and angrier to see that some people actually got Draik Eggs and even though I was there throughout the event I didn't get one.

But if that happens, the prizes of Draik Eggs will decrease by a lot and will be worth very less. :|

It's fair, but you have a point. I missed 11 days because I was on vacation, but I still got the avatar. Shame I didn't get the theme, though :guiltysmiley:

Well, I did 5 searches each day and I did all the puzzles and yet I couldn't get the site theme which is not fair.

Ofcourse I wouldn't have liked it! I mean like I said before, I did everything but still I didn't get that site theme prize! It would have made me sadder and angrier to see that some people actually got Draik Eggs and even though I was there throughout the event I didn't get one.

But if that happens, the prizes of Draik Eggs will decrease by a lot and will be worth very less. :|

Seems you are super sure that you did everything the day it was released.

You may want to submit a ticket, in that case. I haven't heard of people who did deserve the rewards not getting their rewards, but hey, no harm in trying right?

That being said, Snarkie did post on the boards that for every person that complained, they were able to verify that they DID NOT do it on release day. (do 5 searches every day, solve the sudoku on release day for 10 days)

Seems you are super sure that you did everything the day it was released.

You may want to submit a ticket, in that case. I haven't heard of people who did deserve the rewards not getting their rewards, but hey, no harm in trying right?

That being said, Snarkie did post on the boards that for every person that complained, they were able to verify that they DID NOT do it on release day. (do 5 searches every day, solve the sudoku on release day for 10 days)

I didn't get the site theme because I wasn't online at the right time. Its not because I didn't miss out on anything.

I didn't get the site theme because I wasn't online at the right time. Its not because I didn't miss out on anything.

I don't understand this statement. You either did or did not do the puzzle/search each and every day on the day it was released. Not if you completed everything in general. If you really did complete the stuff every day it was released, then send in a ticket and they will verify and give you the prize if you did actually deserve it and it got messed up.

That sentence confuzzles me as well. Basically the criteria to get ALL the prizes are:

1. Online every day during the searching phase (use FIVE searches per day)

2. Online every day for each sudoku (10 sudoku puzzles, one per day)

I don't think it could be put simpler than that. If you did more than 5 island searches on one day, or 2 sudokus on one day, you're immediately disqualified.

All I can say right now is 'stupid me.'

I didn't do 5 searches a day, that is, I was ill and I couldn't come on Neopets so I completed those searches which I had missed, the next day. Maybe I did miss someday and forgot that I had missed it. :whistle:

TNT can't be that stupid not to give the site theme. I don't mind not getting a site them. :guiltysmiley:

This thingy is solved. :| I MUST have missed a day of the searches. :mellow:

Sorry for this. <_<

And yes, if someone has missed a day and because of that hasn't got those prizes, I think it is fair.

You had to do the 5 searches on the day they were released. Not doing that is considered "missing a day" even if you ended up doing the searches later. I think that people who completely missed days (that is, didn't do all the searches at some point in time or all the crewdoku puzzles) got the lowest tier of prizes.

Sorry you got ill, hope you're feeling better :)

Hey, you got better prizes than the people who completely missed it completely - three prize tiers and all. I think it's nice that they're rewarding those who were able to make it every day a bit more (but not much more, really).

EDIT:

Also, as said before, this was announced in the FAQ when it was originally released...

I am very frustrated by this because I started the plot, then went away for 2 weeks of volunteering at camp, making SURE my little brother completed them for me when I couldn't due to being in the kitchen 12 hours a day, and the day I came back was the last day and he assumed I would complete it so he didn't do it in the morning and my parents dragged us to my aunt and uncles house without me knowing about it ahead of time, we got back with no time to complete the VERY LAST PUZZLE. And I had made SURE I would be able to do it... but parents are a NOTCOOL factor.

>:( GRAH.

i think it's fair, but it also depend on what you know on forehand.

if you know what you are going to get and what you have to do for it then you can bear that in mind and you can go for it.

if you don't know exactly what you have to do for it then you put probably less effort then if you know what to do , because then you do it to get it. Otherwise you don't deserve it.

I'm not sure if I think it's far or not... I only missed one day and thats because of performing and I had no internet access...... I really wanted the theme bar :( But in some ways is it a bit harsh for everyone who missed one day not to get the theme bar? or should of there been a bit of leverage and so give out the side theme if you missed one day or did it all on every day? I'm such a fence sitter but I am kicking myself for missing out on it.

I always miss the first day for stuff like this because I usually play from 1am and the guide I prefer haven't alert me that there are events going on.

If you are gonna complain about this, what about the trouphy and stuff that you can't get because you hadn't known neopets at that time? Such as the sloth plot for me.

On the first day the Governor said there would be a big prize at the end for people who participated every day. I consider that fair warning. It's really unfortunate if there is a real circumstance preventing you from getting on every day, but I think most people who didn't complete all of the puzzles just forgot/didn't care.

It's tough because while I think it's fair that avatars for events and plots have requirements about participation levels, but as an enthusiastic avatar collector, I do get sad at missing avatars because I can't sit in front of my computer every day.

I was really frustrated at some plot or event or something that came down to a game of mynci beach volleyball, which reduced me to tears of rage and frustration :laughingsmiley:

i think it's fair, even if that means i haven't got the cool theme because of my holiday to france :laughingsmiley:

people who log in everyday, think about every step and put their time and effort in something, deserve better/more prizes than the people who think: i'll just do it once, so i put time in it, so i deserve prizes, that's not how it works.

so yes, even if i'm sad for my theme-loss, it is fair

I think its a bit unfair. I only missed the very first day. I did everything after that on the day it came out. Basically I missed out on the site theme because I was ~3 hours late.

as Jeanie said above me:

you could skip all the days of the plot, and then just pop on for the last day, solve all the puzzles, and get the avvie when you come back.

So that is a bit unfair I think. I get the same prize as those who logged in and did all their searches/crewdoku puzzles in one day?

If they want to award a really great prize to the top tier, they should make it an uber rare/expensive item. At least then, you'd have the opportunity to buy it off someone who won it. Site themes can't be traded :(

• 3 months later...

I think it's fair that they do that. However, I've thought differently before because my internet was down. But, I got over it and think it's great now because a lot of people put a ton of effort into getting on everyday just to finish the games. :*

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

No bumping any topics that have not received posts in 21 days or more

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.