Neopets games not working properly??

Rachle :3

Okay so today I came on neopets, did my dailies and then went to play Escape from Merridell Castle. However whenever I tried to move using the arrow keys or attack with the space bar, nothing happened..

I went on Meerca Chase, same problem. It turns out I can't play any games that require me to use the keyboard in any way other than typing (I could play Extreme Potato Counter). It can't be a problem with my keyboard because I can type now and use my arrow keys.. Also I tryed playing a flash game on another website and it seemed to work fine :S

I don't understand what's going on as it was fine when I was playing games yesterday..

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if anyone knows any solutions.

P.S. Feel free to neofriend me :3

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Graphics’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

I actually had the same problem as well. Are you using Google Chrome to play Neopets? Try switching to a different browser (Firefox recommended), and play the flash games over there.

I use Chrome, and I have no problem. I really love it! I think I know what the problem is, though. Ive noticed that if you click outside the game, the game keys wont work. Try clicking inside of it a few times, then try playing. If that doesn't work, try restarting the game. Just don't click outside the game.

I hope this helped!

Try watching this video: http://screencast.com/t/E7qx9slnlH0

Here's a method to get the keyboard controls working again on Chrome.

Click on the Chrome Wrench

Go to Options

Go to Under the Hood

Go to Content Settings

Go to Disable Individual Plugins

Go to Details

Under Adobe Flash, disable the Chrome Plugin, not the Flash one.

Go back to your game and refresh the page.

...and Flash games on Chrome (those that use keyboard input) should be working again.