My account has vanished?

als_29

I've been a member of neopets for over 10 years. There was a period of about 5 years where I didn't log in. About 8 months ago was the last time I requested my password and logged in to play a few games.

Just recently I tried to log in again and there is apparently no such thing as my username! I can't get in to my account! I've submitted a ticket, telling TNT about my accounts, items, neofriends etc to which they repond with "There is no account with the username als_29 in our datatbase". I have the email saved were I requested my password not to long ago.

What could have happened?!

you account could have got cg'd and someone stole your stuff and erased your account or sometimes neopets deleted accounts that aren't active so people can have more names to chose from. Not positive though.

I would understand if it had been years since I logged in, but it was pretty recent. I also have an account I started around the same time that is still active, and that one hasn't been touched in at least 8 years.

Would TNT be able to tell if my account had been deleted at one point? I feel like I would have gotten an email comfirmation about it or something.. They just have no record if it ever existing. :(

If you don't sign in at least once in 18 months, your account can get splurged. (Deleted) Though I am not sure on the length, I had my first account splurged. I had a lot of good stuff on it too. Sorry to here it happened to you! I hope you can recover it! I would also send your email to TNT with the ticket to see if they can find it that way. Though it didn't work for me.

If you don't sign in at least once in 18 months, your account can get splurged. (Deleted) Though I am not sure on the length, I had my first account splurged. I had a lot of good stuff on it too. Sorry to here it happened to you! I hope you can recover it! I would also send your email to TNT with the ticket to see if they can find it that way. Though it didn't work for me.

Soooo.. basically there is no hope for me. I will send the a screencap of the email or something. But I'm guessing that's not going to work. I had so many items in my SDB! Ugh..

Soooo.. basically there is no hope for me. I will send the a screencap of the email or something. But I'm guessing that's not going to work. I had so many items in my SDB! Ugh..

No, since you signed in more recently, I think you do have a better chance...

Yeah 8 months ago isn't that long. It'd be weird if your account got removed because of inactivity. Next to that, they basically only remove accounts that have barely been used... So if your account had some trophies, avatars and other things that shows them you've been playing, they really wouldn't remove it. I'd contact customer support and see what they have to say.

There was a purge was earlier this year, there is a possibility that your account was involved in that (most of those accounts had basic pets/no trophies etc like Viridian says).

I really hope they get this cleared up for you! I couldn't imagine how sad I'd be if this happened to one of my accounts. D: Best of luck!