Nickelodeon's Avatar News

Spirited Away

Did you guys hear! There is going to be a new Avatar! It's called Avatar:The Legend of Korra. IT'S A GIRL THIS TIME. WOO HOO!!! THE AVATAR IS A GIRL THIS TIME YEAH AWSOME(there were other girls by the way). No offense dudes. Aang was really great. THE SHOW IS EXPECTED TO COME OUT IN MID 2012 ON NICKELODEON. ISN'T THAT AWSOME. Here's the Storyline. I got this from Wikia.

The new series will take place 70 years after the end of the Avatar: The Last Airbender story arc, with all-new characters and settings.[1] The protagonist of the new series, Korra, the next Avatar after Aang, is a hot-headed and rebellious young woman from the Southern Water Tribe who is "ready to take on the world".[2] The series plans to follow Korra as she faces an anti-bender revolt while mastering the art of Airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

Korra is a rebellious 16 year old girl from the Southern Water Tribe.[2][1] As the Avatar, she has already mastered Waterbending, Earthbending and Firebending. She will learn Airbending from Aang and Katara's son Tenzin.[3][4] The primary and only confirmed setting is Republic City, a "metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology" such as cars and motorcycles, "inhabited by people from all four nations". There are Anti-Benders in Republic City who are strongly against the art of bending. Here, Korra must deal with rampant crime and an anti-bender revolt

I'm SO Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:O Sounds awesome. Although it sounds like a short series if the main character is already a water/earth/fire bender :P

At least they solved the mystery of whether Aang was literally the last airbender or not. :P I mean, the avatar would always be there, but Tenzin needs to have multiple airbending children and they need to repopulate the air temples :P

You just heard of this? xD This has been said since Feburary. And I haven't hear of Tenzin and i thought Korra was Katara's and Aang's daughter. :/ Thanks for filling that in.

But seriously, 2012? :P

it sounds pretty cool, but will it be as epic as the whole war-thing?

i don't think so, but i hope it'll be something that's worth my watching-time :graduated:

I've known about this for a while, and I've been pretty excited. Not so happy that the original cast is dead (at least from what I've heard), but the trailer seems promising. It was meant to be a short series, but that doesn't mean it will be terrible. =D

I just hope it comes out during the summer so I can watch it at home.

Haha yea, like some of the others earlier have said, I don't think it'll be easy to top the original, if it's even possible. The original was really really good (: And is Aang the first Avatar to get married and have a child? O.o

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how they try to top their previous effort :)

And is Aang the first Avatar to get married and have a child? O.o

Considering that there was hundreds, or even thousands, of avatars before him, chances are very slim. :P

OMG I'M SO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

I heard about this after getting back from vacation, and this was literally the FIRST news I had from the rest of the world, and it was SO EXCITING :woot:

Anyway, i think it has a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to it a lot, plus Korra is a BOSS. Oh man. Have you guys seen this picture?

UNFFFFFF YOU GO, KORRA!!!

Same here! :laughingsmiley:

Hmmm...

But what happened to Aang and his gang after the last episode Book 3: Fire (I think)?

The story just hangs there when Aang faced the evil Fire guy, but what actually happened? :eh:

They show at the end of the last episode, remember? o.O He takes the Fire lord's bending away with Energy Bending and they put him in jail to..err...rot. Zuko is the new fire lord and leads the Fire Nation to reverse their wrongdoings with the avatar's help. Iroh gets the Jasmine Dragon back in Ba Sing Se and that's that last that we see of the whole crew. Sokka is still dating Suki and the ending scene is Aang kissing Katara under the sun...

Other Facts about the Finale: Ty Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors and Mai gets back together with Zuko. They still don't say what happened to Zuko's mother though.

They show at the end of the last episode, remember? o.O He takes the Fire lord's bending away with Energy Bending and they put him in jail to..err...rot. Zuko is the new fire lord and leads the Fire Nation to reverse their wrongdoings with the avatar's help. Iroh gets the Jasmine Dragon back in Ba Sing Se and that's that last that we see of the whole crew. Sokka is still dating Suki and the ending scene is Aang kissing Katara under the sun...

Other Facts about the Finale: Ty Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors and Mai gets back together with Zuko. They still don't say what happened to Zuko's mother though.

Hmmm...

I wonder why it didn't show that part at my place. Curious...