Bad, Bad Year

lslines

Sad and unpleasant things ahead!

This year:

- I was let go from a job I loved, and they didn't tell me for three months. They just kept saying "no, not at the moment and I really couldn't tell you when, sorry" whenever I called to ask if they knew when they'd next have shifts available for me. In fact, the woman who runs the place flat-out lied to me about it.

- I started university again after taking a semester off, thinking I could hack it... Only to freak out and drop from having a full load of four classes down to one.

- My younger sister was hospitalized for a month and then died. Wrecked my whole family and we haven't recovered. One of my uncles was so distraught that we went on a bender of some kind, lost his phone, and forgot about the funeral.

- My boyfriend's grandmother discovering a brain tumor. She's okay though, at least.

- My grandmother slowly beginning to lose her mind.

- I've come to the realization I seem to have an anxiety disorder... Which makes me too anxious to talk to a doctor about it for diagnosis/treatment.

- At the end of last year, my family separated and two of my sisters and my dad moved halfway across the country. My dad then didn't even bother to tell me when he started dating someone else this year.

Of course there have been good things too, like my mum buying a house, and getting a kitten, and passing my single university course with the highest grade. But they don't exactly outweigh the bad things. Especially not my sister.

So 2011 has been the most awful year for me. Has it been terrible for anyone else? Whether on this scale or much much smaller.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear all this, my dear. I truly hope things start looking up for you. It's such a terrible thing to lose a loved one. I empathize as I too lost a family member this year. 2011 has been quite unlucky for me as well and I hope that things will start to change soon. Sending good thoughts your way. xxx

Aww.. I'm so sorry to hear that :/ Mine has also been awful, I was incredibly depressed for the months of January-Februray and was suicidal and stuff, but not over anything that serious. I hope things get better for you :[

• 2 weeks later...

life has been stressful and overall bad, but thats just preparation to apply for college.. nothing close to what you had to go through :/

Everything gets better in the long run. The past 2-3 years have been miserable for so many Americans. Your familial problems are topping it. There are always people for you to talk to should you need it.

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry for your little sister! :sad02: :sad02:

This year was awful for me too, but not so much :/

The worst for me was that I had to quit volleyball after 9 years, because of the problems with my shoulders and I can never play it again - nor any other sport that's including anything with arms. I loved volleyball and I just got a opportunity to play for a very good team ..

And in march I broke up with my boyfriend. We were together for 3 years. After all that my grades just went down.

Also it was very stressful for me when my best friend was depressed because of death of her grandfather :/

But compared to you, everything is just nothing! I really admire you and wish you only the best!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

No posting in topics that have not received posts in 3 weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Haunted Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.