Let's talk about GAY MARRIAGE!

Russ

I realize that we are dealing with a troll here but I'm so incredibly passionate about this topic that I need to express myself. Thank you :)

I'm 100% against gay marriage.

Homosexuality is something that shouldn't be encouraged..

Although, hopefully your friend didn't actually tell his parents.

Somethings are ment to remain secret.

Did he actually try to get over his lust for the same gender?

Or was he one of those who simply never tried?

And yes, I chose to be straight.

Edit: And before anyone asks, I'm not religious. <_<

Heterosexuality isn't something that should be encouraged either then. Why don't we just let people make their own decisions for themselves? Why are YOU trying to tell OTHER PEOPLE how to live their life? Why can't they love who they love or be who they want to be? I feel quite sorry for you that you had to choose to be straight because you felt internally, and possibly externally oppressed. Honestly there is nothing wrong with you if you love someone of the same sex, just as their is nothing wrong with you if you love someone of the opposite sex. Couldn't I say to a straight person "well, have you ever TRIED to love someone of the same gender?".

I had feelings for the same gender.

However I've cured myself .

And no, I'm not denying who I am.

Because, I'm straight.

So yes, homosexuality can be cured.

And therefor, theres no reason for gay marriage to be legal.

<3

Sorry but you can't cure homosexuality- and to be honest, it's not something that needs a 'cure'. It's not a disease and it's natural so stop trying to convince yourself and others that it's not.

I have social anxiety, and the fact that I'm even posting means something.

I'm not just going to jump into every single topic I see.

<3

This really isn't the place to try and solve social anxiety. On the other hand, if you have social anxiety then you probably enjoy talking on the internet more than in real life so you should be posting on more topics :)

First: I do have a Neopets account

Second: Do you also call out all of the pro-lgbt who don't use facts or do you only call out people whom are anti-lgbt?

& Third: (I'll admit this is a fault of mine, too.) You should realize that some people on the forums could suffer from depression and/or be suicidal. Even comments that aren't generally mean, or hurtful could push them over the limit.. Although, I' will thank you for making me realize that I'm nothing but a ignorant, disgusting pansy who should be shot. <3

I think you'll find that the people who are pro-LGBT are using facts- as someone said one of the most common FACTS is "it doesn't hurt me". In any event, you'll find photos, videos, and quotes posted throughout this subject that highlight many facts. Clearly you didn't take the opportunity to watch the video I posted, nor read through all of the posts. And we don't think you're a disgusting pansy who should be shot- I think that's pretty harsh. I do however think you are being pretty ignorant. If you don't approve of being gay, fine, but don't try and shove your beliefs on other people because it doesn't affect you. Just because gay people will be allowed to get married doesn't mean you won't be. Fine if you don't approve of being gay but you should be accepting of it. I accept that you have your belief and don't agree with it- I'm not embracing you in any way because I don't agree with you, but you should be accepting of the fact that people should be able to live their lives without interference from others.

Are you honestly trying to say that two consenting people of the same sex who are trying to marry, is the same thing as one person forcing them self on a defenseless, non-consenting animal into sexual relations or marriage? And you're okay with that? :weird:

LOL OH OKAY. :sleeping_03anim:

Guess you haven't heard of animal rights or animal cruelty laws and why they are in place, then? Or you were just hoping we forgot such thing exists?

They are so painfully not the same thing, I'm getting second hand embarrassment that someone would even suggest that they go hand and hand.

Anyway, the topic is about two consenting adults of the same sex being allowed to marry. I've still yet to see a reason from you as to why you are against it other than you think "ew, gross," and I'm starting to think we won't actually get a valid point from you - just other radical subject changes and comparisons so you won't actually have to come up with something worth debating about.

Yeah. I'm quite confused to. You're okay with bestiality but not homosexuality? Can you please explain that to me? I'm really not following it. You think it's okay that a man* or a woman* can force themselves upon an animal who cannot share their emotions. Sure maybe they can try and fight against it, but a lot of animals cannot stand up against humans. Please, go read animal cruelty laws. If two people, whether they happen to be of the same gender or not, consent to marriage- why shouldn't they be allowed?

*gender is fluid- so really anyone that falls in the gender fluidity- aka everyone on earth*

Also:

AffirGAYtion-Homosexuality-Found-in-450-Species-Homophobia-in-One-300x225.png

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people complain about gays getting married? I have a lesbian friend and many bisexual friends. Also, I have a aunt who is lesbian and is married.

What's wrong with it? People are born like that. If they love the same sex, let them. It's nobody's business if the gay couple wants to married. We all are our own individual. Yes, there is religions against it, but they need to get over it.

I really thought that thinking gay marriage was wrong was an uncommon opinion.

I never realized so many people thought it. There was a huge debate at a party I was at. I also found out one of my best friends thinks it's wrong. He basically says it's wrong because the government says it's wrong.

I live in Canada, and isn't gay marriage legal here? O.O

If it's not, then it should be. I'm pretty sure it is. I don't know what he's going on about.

Mindblown.

I really thought that thinking gay marriage was wrong was an uncommon opinion.

I never realized so many people thought it. There was a huge debate at a party I was at. I also found out one of my best friends thinks it's wrong. He basically says it's wrong because the government says it's wrong.

I live in Canada, and isn't gay marriage legal here? O.O

If it's not, then it should be. I'm pretty sure it is. I don't know what he's going on about.

Mindblown.

It's definitely becoming more uncommon. :)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you asked Harper for his opinion, he'd tell you that he didn't agree with gay marriage. It's typical of conservatives to be against it; the conservative MP who won my riding was fairly vocal about his views against gay marriage and planned parenthood (separate issues but ugh, what a sleazeball). However, I think the government recognizes that revisiting the issue is a waste of time - there are way more important things to worry about!

Church's have the right to deny gay people the right to get married at THEIR church. If it's truly against their beliefs, no one should be forcing them. However, the government should be instituting laws that give gay people the rights of a married couple: different taxes, right to see the person in a hospital, etc.. But these excessively religious people who come in and say that "marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a women and homosexuals getting married would desecrate on that bond, blah blah blah" is ridiculous. Please excessive religious folk, please tell me if what Kim Kardashian and Chris watshisface did was not a desecration on marriage! If you think marriage is such a sacred bond, then you might as well outlaw divorce!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, everyone. I think basically everyone agrees on here that gay marriage should be legal lol. I work in the LGBTQ community & also identify as pansexual, so this is a pretty important topic to me.

However, I do feel that if someone has a religious belief that goes against gay marriage, I don't think anyone should discriminate against them either. It is their belief and I think that everyone has a right to their own belief. I have a friend who does not believe in gay marriage, but she is respectful to me & does not in any way believe in causing physical harm to gay people.

I think that gay marriage should be legal in terms of the government, but that religious communities should have the right to agree or disagree to perform gay marriages.

• 3 months later...

I am, obviously, in favour of it. If my girlfriend and I decide to get married, I would like for there to be no legal opposition to it. I'm very glad that I live in Canada, where it is legal, and there doesn't seem to be any likelyhood of that changing -- even with our creepy Conservative PM.

In case anyone else shows up trying to claim that Christianity is opposed to it, and that's why homosexuality is wrong, I offer this:

The laws in the Old Testament were set forth by god as the rules the Hebrews needed to follow in order to be righteous, to atone for the sin of Adam and Eve and to be able to get into Heaven. That is also why they were required to make sacrifices, because it was part of the appeasement for Original Sin.

According to Christian theology, when Jesus came from Heaven, it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter Heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said “it is finished” when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don’t have to circumcise their sons (god’s covenant with Jacob), that is why they don’t have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.

When you quote Leviticus as god’s law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what god or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying, as a Christian, is that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws. That is what you, a self-professed good Christian, are saying to your god and his son, that their plan for your salvation wasn’t good enough for you.

Found this on a post on tumblr. As far as my reading has shown, everything is correct. :3

You are so lucky in that respect, Rebecca! It's just so discouraging that even today, as far as we've come, people still have to fight for their rights and have their lives endangered over this. :( I just think it's ridiculously unfair and the comments - ugh, the dog one just really makes me angry.

You are so lucky in that respect, Rebecca! It's just so discouraging that even today, as far as we've come, people still have to fight for their rights and have their lives endangered over this. :( I just think it's ridiculously unfair and the comments - ugh, the dog one just really makes me angry.

I know. :( And people wonder why the queer community was so angry with the Chick-Fil-A day of appreciation. >.< Urgh.

I HATE it when people compare homosexuality with bestiality. It makes me want to go all HULK SMASH.

People that can consent =/= people/animals that can NOT consent. Homosexuality will not lead to an increase in paedophilia nor beastiality. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I am, obviously, in favour of it. If my girlfriend and I decide to get married, I would like for there to be no legal opposition to it. I'm very glad that I live in Canada, where it is legal, and there doesn't seem to be any likelyhood of that changing -- even with our creepy Conservative PM.

Harper wasn't anywhere as creepy as who the liberals wanted in charge & thats why we won a majority! :thumbsup:

and will win again, now that the ndp have chosen a french man to run!

Besides ---- you don't need to worry. He's not going to make gay marriage illegal.

Theres too many people here who support homosexuality, including some conservatives.

I know. :( And people wonder why the queer community was so angry with the Chick-Fil-A day of appreciation. >.< Urgh.

I HATE it when people compare homosexuality with bestiality. It makes me want to go all HULK SMASH.

People that can consent =/= people/animals that can NOT consent. Homosexuality will not lead to an increase in paedophilia nor beastiality. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Why in the world people equate homosexuality with deviant behaviour is beyond me - it's like they're deliberately ignoring the fact that there are plenty of straight deviants out there. Hellooooo. *eyeroll*

Why in the world people equate homosexuality with deviant behaviour is beyond me - it's like they're deliberately ignoring the fact that there are plenty of straight deviants out there. Hellooooo. *eyeroll*

I would say that the majority of sexual deviants are heterosexual- considering they make up about 90% of the population.

Ugh, Puzzles is back. >.> Do you think that if we ignore him, he'll go away?

I would say that the majority of sexual deviants are heterosexual- considering they make up about 90% of the population.

All I said was that you shouldn't assume someones against homosexuality simply because of their political party, there are conservatives who are pro-homosexuality.

But for some reason, it seems that to you, everything is black and white. Conservatives are homophobic, war hoping, gun wanting bigots. While liberals can do no wrong.

Although, I do see --- however that one of your interests is feminism. So maybe thats why I don't expect anything more from you? :rolleyes_anim:

As I have said before. I no longer 100% think that homosexuality is wrong, and I am trying to change.

Although, obviously --- its not happening quick enough for you.

Truth! I would not doubt that - I think that right now unfortunately the focus on the LGBT community is like a fishbowl effect, everyone's looking so hard because of all the uproar.

And maybe so, maybe not. *sigh* Sometimes it's apparently hard to be nice.

Truth! I would not doubt that - I think that right now unfortunately the focus on the LGBT community is like a fishbowl effect, everyone's looking so hard because of all the uproar.

And maybe so, maybe not. *sigh* Sometimes it's apparently hard to be nice.

You're right. And, as with stereotypes of basically all minority groups, one person shows what the entire group is like. One woman is bad at math, all women are bad at math. One East-Asian person is a bad driver, all East-Asian people can't drive. One queer person is a paedophile... well, you get the picture. :/

It is. :|

You're right. And, as with stereotypes of basically all minority groups, one person shows what the entire group is like. One woman is bad at math, all women are bad at math. One East-Asian person is a bad driver, all East-Asian people can't drive. One queer person is a paedophile... well, you get the picture. :/

It is. :|

One Conservative is homophobic, so all Conservatives are homophobic? :rolleyes_anim:

One Christian is homophobic, so all Christians are homophobic?

I was recently talking about this with my father. In a perfect world, everyone would agree that people should all have the rights to marry the person they love, regardless of sexual orientation. But this is not a perfect world and die-hard, homophobic Christians will always be there to yell and scream about how marriage is a religious thing and God hates homos and blah blah blah. I proposed that they just take the few lines in the ceremony about God out so that those religious zealots would have to shut up. My father proposed something that I think is even better. Call marriage, for everyone, something different. Everyone would be able to say that they were...er..betrothed and would have all the rights and whatnot but the church would be able to specify and say that they are married. And of course, churches would be able to choose whether or not they do the betrothals and whatever, but that way everyone would be happy. There wouldn't be any implications of inferiority for gay marriage because everyone, gay or straight, would be calling it betrothal or whatever. And the religious people could specify theirs as a marriage and it wouldn't mean anything different. It would just show that they were religious.

But anywho, I am in support of gay marriage and it saddens me that we are still fighting about this. We're one step away from teleporting back to the times where homosexuals would be stoned in public and called sodomites. Why does it matter what someone does in their bedroom? Why is it any of your business if I want to be with a man or a woman? It's not like it'll be affecting you. "Oh no, I lost my job because that girl down the street is in love with another girl! Oh, the humanity, they're allowed to get married!" :rolleyes_anim:

One Conservative is homophobic, so all Conservatives are homophobic? :rolleyes_anim:

One Christian is homophobic, so all Christians are homophobic?

Sorry, Puzzles, you made that assumption. The Canadian Prime Minister has specifically said he will not do anything to gay marriage, but from everything I've seen, he IS against it. No one said that all Conservatives are homophobic except you. Nice troll on doing the exact same thing with feminism, by the way, except you made it too obvious of a troll post.

Sorry, Puzzles, you made that assumption. The Canadian Prime Minister has specifically said he will not do anything to gay marriage, but from everything I've seen, he IS against it. No one said that all Conservatives are homophobic except you. Nice troll on doing the exact same thing with feminism, by the way, except you made it too obvious of a troll post.

I never thought you'd be from Canada, Karina. You seem to much like an American.

However, its funny that whenever someone disagrees with you ,you cry Troll.

Harper may, or may not be against it. I dont care, as I didnt vote for him, nor do I plan to ~

I do not like, however ---- that most people here are black and white.

I think you're the one being "black and white" here, yo. I realize that not all Christians are homophobic, which is why I specified that instead of just saying "oh, those Christians." Instead of being so quick to criticize other people, why don't you take a minute to actually read and comprehend what they are saying. Then take another minute to think before you talk.

I never thought you'd be from Canada, Karina. You seem to much like an American.

However, its funny that whenever someone disagrees with you ,you cry Troll.

Harper may, or may not be against it. I dont care, as I didnt vote for him, nor do I plan to ~

I do not like, however ---- that most people here are black and white.

Nope, I have only cried troll with one person: you. You know why? Because I know for a fact that you are a troll. You even sent me a message way back when letting me know that I was right when I called you out on being a troll. Here we go, exact quote...

I'm not hurting myself with my remarks.

Making others feel bad, makes me feel good.

There you go. That is solid evidence of trolling.

Anyway, I don't care if you don't care about Harper's beliefs. But you can't say that someone has stereotyped someone when it's actually a thing. I have a friend who is black, and he likes fried chicken. Is it racist of me to ask him if he wants some fried chicken? So...there goes your only evidence that we are working in black and white here, rather than you.

Nope, I have only cried troll with one person: you. You know why? Because I know for a fact that you are a troll. You even sent me a message way back when letting me know that I was right when I called you out on being a troll. Here we go, exact quote...

There you go. That is solid evidence of trolling.

Karina.

That was ... how long ago?

It doesn't mean I'm still trolling.

:mellow:

Karina.

That was ... how long ago?

It doesn't mean I'm still trolling.

:mellow:

A few months ago. And you came back pretty much just to post on here and to post another topic that you knew would get people riled up. And the post that I am calling a "troll" is where you someone that she was stereotyping, making things black and white, and saying that you're not surprised because feminism is one of her things. That's a troll, yo.