Dream Pets Zapping

behati

I haven't quite thought out how this would work but it would be a great idea for TDN members to post their dream pets (well there is already a list) and whoever has an extra slot for pets (with a lab map) can possibly zap specifically for the list or something like that? Or if they end up with a pet they might not want but other people do, they can "donate" that pet to a TDN member's dreamie.

I've also heard of a guild doing this, specifically zapping pets and sending them back into the pound or putting it up on the neoboards for adoption. I just think, on the neoboards greedy people tend to ask for pets or fight for pets despite having several very expensive painted pets and it ends up handing the players that really don't have any thing like that a really poor chance of getting their dream pet early on (and at the same time discouraging the newer players in being able to obtain something like that).

It is funny that you say this. I have always used the list as a guide when I am looking to rid myself of a pet. I always check first here and then go to the boards. It is a good idea. I just wish that our list was updated more frequently.

I like how the ALP has an entire system for avatar lending, I would like to see that thread more organized I guess and a way to "update" easily if the person has obtained their dreamie as well as a way to track who has received what. I am extremely biased to who I help out, I don't want to help out random strangers on the neoboards (who seem to all be trolls) and like many others I feel like I want to be able to give something (aside from neopoints) to help the community in that off chance that I have something someone wants.

I personally have nothing against a 2 month old legit player getting their dream pet, it just annoys me slightly that trying to get your dreamie from a generous donor from the neoboards is nearly impossible. One look at your naked account will make them think "this person is undeserving" of my pet while some are legitimately just starting out.

This is what I had originally aimed for with the topic in the Neo Chat forum - but it doesn't really work as well as it should. People post and get on the list, then vanish... when I deleted the original list I went through and over two thirds of the listed people hadn't logged into their Neopets accounts for months.

Well there's already a guild that does this. You could join them or help them out if you like (: You don't have to be part of their guild to help them grant wishes.

The wishlist is found here: http://www.neopets.com/~ZYDP I think the page links to every other important page as well. So yep, you can check it out (:

Honestly, most zappable dream pets are achievable with a little hard work anyway :laughingsmiley: To me, putting your name down on a list and maybe getting to adopt a pet from there just seems so...mechanical. I've worked hard for a lot of my pets, adopted others from random people, and found a fair few in the pound. So it's possible for those "poor newbies" to put a little work into their accounts too, and get some pets of their own without a list.

This is what I had originally aimed for with the topic in the Neo Chat forum - but it doesn't really work as well as it should. People post and get on the list, then vanish... when I deleted the original list I went through and over two thirds of the listed people hadn't logged into their Neopets accounts for months.

I always saw the topic as more of a discussion, updating your pet goals and such, as you go along, rather than a database of dream pets.

Although you know what might be cool, would be a "dream pet checklist" like the avatar checklist, but with pets and colors instead. It'd be a pain to do though and would probably take a ton of server room :laughingsmiley: But it's an idea nonetheless :)

I have also been thinking of this, as well as NC items to trade and PB clothes to giveaway.

I wish we had some kind of little area set aside for that stuff on our profile, or somewhere that people will actually look at.

Like if you hover over someone's avatar, it would display their dreamies, NC items for trade, and PB clothes to giveaway.

*shrugs* Something like that.

That way, we won't have a big long post of people who vanish, like Izzy said. Because people vanish around here a LOT.

Yeah I did see that guild and I didn't quite mean it as "poor newbies". I definitely agree, with a little work (by constantly stalking TDN's daily page) you should be able to achieve a mid-end (in my opinion anyway) paint brush such as Ghost, Spotted, Tyrannian, etc (brushes in the 100-200k area) with consistant play. I wouldn't want the forum to be ugly, but if there was a way to add an extra tab to our profiles with a update-able survey (on both ends) -pokes programmers- that would be pretty awesome.

Adding it to the area under the mini-display next to our usernames might be cluttering and ugly-fy the layout *_*

While the suggestions here are really good (the hover avatar to display info stuff is really good, although maybe we can put that in our siggy instead?), I believe the programming to do it would be quite challenging (not to say our TDN programmers can't do it of course ;) ).

That being said, we also won't be able to control people who might use this tool just for profit. As generous as a lot of people here are, there will always be that thorn who will use it for his own gains. Maybe we can have a required post count as well for this feature.

I always saw the topic as more of a discussion, updating your pet goals and such, as you go along, rather than a database of dream pets.

Thats what it is now, a discussion board - when it started back in 2009 it was a list. People posted, and one of the staff updated a huge list in the first post with people's usernames against the species/colour they were wishing for lol