Help!

Emily

So I posted before about how i got emailed (emailed, not neomailed) about a pet that was not mine leaving the neolodge. It happened again yesterday, so I searched the pet and checked the user. Sure enough, the other pet that I got mailed about also belonged to her. I sent in a ticket to TNT describing the problem.

Now today, I get emailed AGAIN about a request for a password. So I now have her username AND password. I updated my ticket to TNT and went to neomail the user so she was at least aware of what was going on and could change her password (though I would never EVER access anyone else's account).

Problem #1) not a biggie, but she's under 13, so she won't be able to reply. Kind of a bummer that she wouldn't be able to acknowledge that she got it so I know that SHE knows what's going on and could change her password/check her account email setting

Problem #2) I can't write the word "password" in a neomail because the filters think I'm trying to ask her for her password.

I guess my question is if anyone knows a way of bypassing the filters by spelling "Password" differently or can suggest some other wording so I can let her know what's going on? I've tried "pass word", "pass w0rd), etc, but the filters still flag it.

The thing I find weird is that, if she accidentally typed in the wrong email when creating her account (it's 2 weeks old), shouldn't I also have gotten the activation email and any other emails regarding the creation of the account?

EDIT: I managed to write a vaguer message that would send, however now it says that she cant receive neomails because she does not have parental permission to play. This is getting a little sketchy and annoying.

Well that is tough! If they are younger than 13 there is no way to neomail them... And to get Password past TNT you can use p455w0rd ... I just sent it to a random person I don't know to see.

I would call neopets about it. 1877NEOPIAN

Yes I'm not kidding that's their phone number. Since it's an underaged account it's best you report it and such. If no action is taken (it's been a while) then you should call them up and ask them wth. I don't think junior accounts are allowed to change passwords and such. x_x

I'll see if they respond to my ticket first before I call. Hopefully it's a easy fix, but lately it seems TNT is trying to have Fort Knox-like security, so it's probably going to be a pain to resolve *sigh*

The fort-knox like security is due to the sheer amount of unregs being "hacked" into. They're trying to find a solution but there isn't any easy/fool-proof solutions, at least not to protect users that are no longer around. They will be busy for a while since it's a user-end problem. =x

Unfortunately one of my older accounts (although empty) was taken advantage of this way and is now frozen. Luckily it didn't have anything particularly important on it.

Problem #2) I can't write the word "password" in a neomail because the filters think I'm trying to ask her for her password.

The thing I find weird is that, if she accidentally typed in the wrong email when creating her account (it's 2 weeks old), shouldn't I also have gotten the activation email and any other emails regarding the creation of the account?

EDIT: I managed to write a vaguer message that would send, however now it says that she cant receive neomails because she does not have parental permission to play. This is getting a little sketchy and annoying.

You can call it your pw. I wonder if pword also works, never tried.

Yes it is wierd you havent gotton other emails

I think the parent has to sign a form to let their kid under 13 use the social aspects of neopets

Any chance that you might have similiar email addresses?

Ask her to check that her account is listed to her correct email address, maybe she accidentally changed it to yours? I don't think you need an activation code or anything to change emails.