Unconverted Pets

UC Pets  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of UC pets?

• I love all UC pets!
    • Some UC pets are okay, but not others
    • Boo UC pets! Customization is awesome!
    • UC?

(If there's already a thread about this, I couldn't find it . . .)

So I know UC pets are very popular/rare & I wanted to get some feedback from my fellow TDN users.

What's your favorite UC pet?

Is there a UC pet you wish was grandfathered (not converted automatically by TNT) & why?

Is there any UC pet you dislike or like the converted version better?

What would be your dream UC pet?

Did it exist before or is it a new color that could never be UC (but should be)?

How much would you be willing to pay for a UC paint brush? Or would you rather have a random event that turns your pet UC?

I don't know that I personally have a favorite UC pet, but I do remember not liking the UC Faerie Kougra & now Faerie Kougra is one of my dreamies. I think it was the UC flight style & face on the Kougra that I disliked.

ROYAL. POOGLES.

The old ones were GORGEOUS, no idea why they weren't grandfathered. And why did they grandfather RG Lupes and Grarrls, but not the RBs? Seriously...

I like a lot of UCs *pokes Schiden and Tiburonuq* but still, they're also very inconsistent in artwork terms - often with shading that looks off, or inconsistent lineart weight between different pets...

Converting Draiks was possibly one of the greatest things ever, imo (Honestly, before conversion, i didn't like draiks at all because i couldn't tell what they were - seriously!) while converting the mutants/maraquans was a terrible thing. Most of them have that stupid fist-in-the-air thing going on, and they can't even hold things!!

I don't like UC Scorshio and Nimmo. They're.. ugh. :P

Most of them have that stupid fist-in-the-air thing going on, and they can't even hold things!!

I HATE THAT.

I don't like UC Scorshio and Nimmo. They're.. ugh. :P

Bro, don't be hatin' on UC Darigan Scorchios. If I hadn't wanted Schiden so badly, I'd have kept mine :P

Bro, don't be hatin' on UC Darigan Scorchios. If I hadn't wanted Schiden so badly, I'd have kept mine :P

I like Darigan ones, just not red, blue, etc. ones.

Hmm...you bring up a good point. I think UCs are very rare/valueable. However, I think that (just like gender, BD stats, etc) it should be an option at creation to have C (?) or UC...however, I LOVE CUSTOMIZATION, so I'm not a big fan of UCs :)

My favorite UC pet is, and always will be, the Faerie Shoyru. They're just simply beautiful! :wub_anim:

I really wish they didn't auto-convert Pirate Shoryus. I really don't understand why they were converted, their body form is almost exactly like the Faerie one, and I would simply have loved to have both a Pirate Shoyru and Faerie Shoyru (both UC).

A UC Paint Brush? Man, that'd cost A LOT. I'd rather Neo just give an option to unconvert :sad01_anim:

So I know UC pets are very popular/rare & I wanted to get some feedback from my fellow TDN users.

I don't think I have a "favorite" UC pet. There are a lot of them that I really really really like. I think most of the royal pets look better unconverted, as well as the faerie, darigan, pirate, and maraquan (wait. that's a lot of them....HAHA)

Is there a UC pet you wish was grandfathered (not converted automatically by TNT) & why?

I don't really remember...I wasn't on neopets when all the pets were converted and I didn't have an account (because it was frozen) that I had any pets that I especially adored. :(

Tyrannian Krawks!! They amazing. And to answer the question underneath this, yes, I once had one. :(

Some other dream UC pets would be a Faerie Lenny, Bori, Ixi, Draik...Pirate Chomby (SHOO CUUUTE)

Did it exist before or is it a new color that could never be UC (but should be)?

^___^ Yep. My tyrannian krawk was boss.

How much would you be willing to pay for a UC paint brush? Or would you rather have a random event that turns your pet UC?

Hmm, that's a good question. If I owned the world and everything went the way I wanted to, I would allow everyone to have the option of turning their pets back. I know some people like the converted pets more so having a random event turn their pet back UC would be pretty unfair! As for paying for an UC Pb....I would pay a lot! :laughingsmiley: But I have a feeling TNT would make that a NC item before ever making it neopoint-buyable.

1. Faerie Draiks + Ixi as well as Maraquan and Mutant Hissis. I would sell my frickin' soul for one of each. Also, Darigan Hissis, Faerie Kyrii + Shoyrus, Plushie Kois, Royalgirl Kyrii and Sponge anything (to a much lesser extent)

2. Faerie Grundos and Kacheeks. Both pets have a very simple and pretty design, and plus, the newer ones will never look as good as the UC ones. Also, I wish the Mutant JubJub was grandfathered [mostly] in honour of mindeigh, the Mutant Jubjub I lost to peer pressure. :( (True story.)

3. Nah. I like them all for the most part.

4. UC Maraquan Eyrie and UC Faerie Poogle.

5. The Maraquan Eyrie and Faerie Poogle existed before, but there wasn't a UC version.

6. If it could paint your pet any UC colour, then I'd sell my soul for one. (Or a whole bunch of Neopoints if I'm not allowed to sell my soul.) If it was a brush that would only unconvert your pet if they were Darigan, Faerie, Royal, etc., then I wouldn't. XD

7. Not really, a UC RE would be pointless if you had pets that weren't Darigan, Faerie, Royal, etc.

Darigan Kyrii and Hissi are my favourites, I would grandfather a UC grey jubjub thou. Zafaras look better converted but most pets that have their arm up but nothing in them look bad(looking at xwees), greys and plushie pets and several tyrannian and mutants were butchered.

I'd be willing to pay 20 mil for an unconverter.

Tyrannian Krawks!! They amazing. And to answer the question underneath this, yes, I once had one. :(

A UC Ty Krawk is my last dreamie - everyone else I either have, or isn't too difficult to get. But oh man, i love the way they're crouching like little Dimetrodons...Argh! I want one so badly!!

this was , is , and will always be the best Neopet ever created ...

krawk_tyrannian_baby.gif

my dreamies

lupe_halloween_baby.gif ......... R.I.P AncientCeremony :sad02:

grarrl_maraquan_baby.gif

my favorites are

eyrie_darigan_baby.gif

hissi_darigan_baby.gif

techo_darigan_baby.gif

lenny_faerie_baby.gif

pteri_faerie_baby.gif

uni_grey_baby.gif

hissi_mutant_baby.gif

kougra_royalboy_baby.gif

shoyru_halloween_baby.gif

kougra_tyrannian_baby.gif

eyrie_royalboy_baby.gif

uni_royalboy_baby.gif

....... one hundred million billion dollars xD

lol ... j/k .. about 10 mil is a fair price I think

My favourite UC is mutant hissi. It took me a long time before I decided to convert my own mutant hissi, over a year. I did it because i wanted to put a background for my pet. Now I kind of regret it though, since they are so rare now. And other than backgrounds, I really don't like customization. I would never put cloths on my real pets, and I wouldn't do it to my virtual pets either!

this was , is , and will always be the best Neopet ever created ...

krawk_tyrannian_baby.gif

*punches the air in delight* We should all totally work towards UC ty krawks! I keep thinking about it, and giving up xD But maybe i should really go for it this time!

Ahh, UC darigans are just the greatest. That's one color that was absolutely ruined in the conversion. I think every old Dari has its fans...i mean, even the Buzz looks freakin' awesome

I love all the UC greys. They have so much personality; the converted greys just look normal with droopy facial expressions, and some of them don't even look that sad. The UC werelupes are much better than the converteds. UC Hallo zafaras are as well, because they look like an actual skeleton, not like they're wearing a bad costume (I had one of my own until I traded it recently.) I like a good deal of the UC faeries and Darigans... I'm not a big fan of plushie pets in the first place, but the UC ones are much cuter than the converteds -- again, more personality.

I've seen an "unconvert" option through the NC mall suggested, but that seems unfair for those that don't or can't buy NC. I'm conflicted on the idea of a UC paintbrush, or something of that sort. I also highly doubt that TNT would ever give us that option. They're already annoyed with how much attention and special treatment UCs get.

My dream UC pet is a UC grey zafara:

zafara_grey_baby.gif

I'm currently trying to trade up to one.

It's late and I am tired, so I have a feeling this post is terribly written. x__x

I think it would be fair if "Unconvert" was an option that the Fountain Faerie gave. You couldn't chose a new color, but you could chose to go back to the original artwork. Same restrictions would apply - you could convert at any time, if painted/zapped it would be converted automatically etc etc. Then it's random, but also a choice.

Even if it was an RE, you could always reconvert your pet :)

I think it would be fair if "Unconvert" was an option that the Fountain Faerie gave. You couldn't chose a new color, but you could chose to go back to the original artwork. Same restrictions would apply - you could convert at any time, if painted/zapped it would be converted automatically etc etc. Then it's random, but also a choice

I love this idea. I am on a forever quest to get a UC plushie draik. They are the most adorable things in the world. But they are so rare.

the maraquan draik, it's awesome

i don't really know which were grandfathered, but i think the baby kougra is really cute, i want it:'(

definately the korbat, i really hate the UC version of it, i love my own magma korbat :laughingsmiley:

a faerie pteri, and the robot is pretty awesome too...

yeah, it existed a long time ago :graduated:

i would start saving and spent as much as they want for it :king:

I think it would be fair if "Unconvert" was an option that the Fountain Faerie gave. You couldn't chose a new color, but you could chose to go back to the original artwork. Same restrictions would apply - you could convert at any time, if painted/zapped it would be converted automatically etc etc. Then it's random, but also a choice.

Even if it was an RE, you could always reconvert your pet :)

Oh, that's a good idea! It would still keep it rare, since it wouldn't just be about money, it's about how lucky you get. But then there's still a chance :D

Ice Bruce, most of the Faerie pets ... and I'm sure there's more that I can't quite remember

-Royal Poogles - they were amongst some of the most grand-looking royal pets, why didn't TNT keep them?!

-Glowing Buzz - it was styled after a firefly, and it made it look really unique amongst other glowing pets

-Biscuit Ruki - I loved how it had round cookies for antennae, it looked a lot cuter that way

I was never really that fond of the old Draik standard pose prior to conversion.

What would be your dream UC pet? Did it exist before or is it a new color that could never be UC (but should be)?

Ice Bruce - I love how it looked so 2D and like a Brucicle, and it was really cute as well

Well, tbh, I don't exactly desire having a UC pet - sure, they're really rare, but I'm personally not after having loads of rare pets.

My absolute favorite UC pets are the Faerie Draik and Faerie Shoyru. (If I had painted my Shoyru Faerie when I originally planned to, instead of deciding to wait, she would be a UC.)

I'd pay nearly anything for a UC PB, or potion or something.

OMG, I just love the art on the UC pets so much better! Q.Q

Plushie Kougra: https://images.neopets.com/pets/kougra_plushie_baby.gif

Royalgirl Kyrii: https://images.neopets.com/pets/kyrii_royalgirl_baby.gif

Most of the grey pets, but especially Grey Kougra: https://images.neopets.com/pets//kougra_grey_baby.gif

The Baby Lupe: https://images.neopets.com/pets//lupe_baby_baby.gif

I know the changes are minimal, but I just like the UC art so much better!

There are UC pets I don't like just becuase I don't care for that pet/color.

I also always felt that some of the UC desert pets where really awkward looking, the Aisha comes to mind: https://images.neopets.com/pets//aisha_desert_baby.gif

Oh, and I like the converted Coconut Jubjub better, it's just cuter! :3

My dream would be a Plushie Kougra or a Royalgirl Kyrii.

For a new pet, I'd like to see the new Faerie Lutari UC. The converted Lutari have such awfully big feet! XP

I would pay out the nose for one. XD

Anything TNT would charge, I would save for it. A random event would be cool too. lol

For a new pet, I'd like to see the new Faerie Lutari UC. The converted Lutari have such awfully big feet! XP

Ooh, agreed! That would be really sweet. I think someone on OldNeo was working on a UC faerie lutari, but I don't know if the site is back up yet :(