Decreasing pet's level

So my battle pet is currently level 12, and I want to decrease his level to 10 or 11 so I can bless him with an Earth faerie to grant him the Burrow ability.

I've tried spinning both the Wheel of Excitement and Wheel of Mediocrity (and didn't end up landing on the "your pets lose a level in faerie abilities" spot), and I'm wondering if there's another way to decrease your pet's level of faerie abilities.

I want to decrease his level to 10 or 11 so I can bless him with an Earth faerie to grant him the Burrow ability.

10 is just the minimum level, as long as you are over it you can bless your pet to get an ability.

Wheel of Excitement and Wheel of Mediocrity (and didn't end up landing on the "your pets lose a level in faerie abilities" spot), and I'm wondering if there's another way to decrease your pet's level of faerie abilities.

Faerie ability levels do nothing really.

Why do you need to lower his level to bless him with a faerie? I thought that the levels listed were what you needed to be higher than. You can choose which faerie abilities to activate even if you have higher ones available.

Edit: Looks like DuckyZ beat me to the "reply" button :)

10 is just the minimum level, as long as you are over it you can bless your pet to get an ability.

I tried blessing my pet, and I got Magic Berries instead of Burrow.

If I tried blessing him with an Earth Faerie again, is there a chance that I could get Burrow?

BTW, I don't have access to the labray yet so that's out of the question. :(

(forgive me, I'm just starting to get into this whole battledoming thing. xD)

I tried blessing my pet, and I got Magic Berries instead of Burrow.

If I tried blessing him with an Earth Faerie again, is there a chance that I could get Burrow?

You need the previous ability to get the next, blessing again should get you burrow.

You need the previous ability to get the next, blessing again should get you burrow.

I blessed Bamziy twice and got Tough Skin as well as Magic Berries (again) instead of Burrow.

Dang, these earth faeries really hate me today. XD

I should also add that Bamziy is level 12 (and the required level for Burrow is 10) so idk what's up with that =/

This is something weird for me. I always thought that as long as you have the previous ability, when you bless your pet it would get the next ability.

Am I correct, then, to say that you will get a random ability (of the appropriate element of course) that your pet can learn at its level?

Eg. At level 12, you can learn a random ability as long as the level requirement is below 12.

One more thing, once my pet is blessed with an ability (or several abilities) how will I be able to, like, activate it in the Battledome? o.0

You can do this by clicking on your active pet on the left hand side of the screen, clicking on the arrow beside his/her portrait, then clicking on View Abilities.

You can make an ability active/not active by clicking on them. Active abilities show up more opaquely, I believe.

By the way, a pet is limited to activating 10 abilities at a time, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.