Email for a pet that's not mine?

Emily

I'm a little confused. Today I received an email saying *pet* has checked out of the neolodge... blah blah blah. I can't remember the name of the pet, and I deleted the email, so I can't even look it up, which I just thought of doing now. Point is, the pet is not mine. Definitely not on my main, and I know the pets on my sides, and haven't even logged into them for awhile. Why on earth would I have gotten this email?

Perhaps someone misspelled their neopets account email and it happened to be yours. xD You should probably send in a ticket to TNT about it so that they can get it straightened out. That person might have realized their mistake but you can't change email without a confirmation email to the old address.

I suggest you check up on your side accounts. Databases don't make mistakes or else computers would be unreliable. I am saying this because someone else may have unauthorized access to your accounts. And it would give you a chance to change passwords and pins just incase then notify neopets of the incident so they at least have a record that you noticed something strange. It could be just that some decided to lie for their email address by changing it after registering, but it won't hurt to be careful.

Thats the funny thing. The pet wasn't mine on ANY of my accounts. I have 2 sides and my main with a total of 6 pets. I'm thinking it must have been someone typing in their email wrong. I sent in a support ticket.

UPDATE: I know this post is a barely within the 21 days that we're allowed to post, but this problem is still not resolved. I got another email this morning regarding this girl's account (which I also probably still have the password to, as I have to way to contact her to let her know what's going on because she can't receive neomail) and my support ticket is doing no good. I got the standard reply of "we will not be able to reimburse any items/np that were lost" blah blah blah and then it was actually CLOSED (this was before I got the email about the password) until I reopened it, adding that I now have this girl's password as well as receiving emails concerning her pets' activities in the neolodge. Is there any other way I can get in touch with someone at TNT regarding this security issue? This seems like kind of a big deal, considering I have the password to another account, something TNT does not allow. They're lucky it's me who got it and not someone who would dishonestly exploit the account. I just want to make sure this gets dealt with soon. gah.