New to BD, seeking guidance

Despite my long membership with Neopets, I never got much into the Battledome, probably because back before I stopped playing for a few years, I was too young to really get how any of it worked. Now I've come back to Neopets, initially for the lulz, and now I find myself hooked on it again. Now I've become pretty interested in the Battledome but since I'm just starting out at it, I'd like some ratings, advice, words of wisdom, whatever - anything is welcome. Keep in mind that I will be chiefly playing 1P, until I can get a better set and stats and such so that I can take on other people, something I don't expect to happen for quite some time. Here are my pet's stats and equipment:

Stats:

Level: 21

Health: 14/14

Strength: GREAT (27)

Defence: GREAT (24)

Move: mach 3

Intelligence: master genius (83)

Abilities (all are Level 1):

Night Vision

Water Jet

Magic Torch

Spark

Bubble Shield

Magic Pebbles

Smoke Screen

Fiery Roar

Flash

Bless

Heal

Equipment:

Green Frost Cannon

Jade Staff

Scarab Ring

Unstable Slime

Rainbow Scroll

Leaf Shield

Fiery Sun Scroll

Sword of Knowledge

Eventually I plan to take a few of these out and put in a Golden Compass and something that will do decent fire damage. I welcome any and all helpful and constructive input, but please bear in mind I am by no means rich and I am completely baffled as to how people get the millions of NP they do (if you want to fill me in, I'm all ears). Thanks!

Same here! I recently started becoming serious about collecting avatars so I really need a battledome at least for 1v1s. Anyway I know STR is extremely important since it's the basis of the damage you do. I'm not quite sure about the rest. And of course, how high you are able to train your pet is based on level =x so it would be wise to level it up as well. @_@

You might want to try and get your level back to 20 or below(cheaper training) and get your str and defense up to 40 and then hp up to 63 before leveling it up. Ability levels don't matter Sink and Burrow are your main abilities but the 300% heal, and the icon blocks for one icon can be worth getting.

As for your set, how much are you willing to pay for it?

You might want to try and get your level back to 20 or below(cheaper training) and get your str and defense up to 40 and then hp up to 63 before leveling it up. Ability levels don't matter Sink and Burrow are your main abilities but the 300% heal, and the icon blocks for one icon can be worth getting.

As for your set, how much are you willing to pay for it?

Yeah, my pet was at Level 20 and Coltzan decided to level her up, which was fine with me except that extra Codestone cost. :/ I don't know how you can lower a pet's level though, except for the Lab Ray, which I doubt I will ever have access to and is frankly not something I have much interest in. As for the stat raising, I've been trying to get the Strength, Defence, and HP up, but most ways to do that outside of training can be expensive or tedious, so...

As for the weapon set, if money wasn't a problem, I'd already have an Ice/Stone Club and Golden Compass. But I just got like 100k today and I feel like that's a lot of money, even though I know it's really nothing. -_- So I guess the short answer is not a huge amount but I can stand to pay a bit.

I'm Terrible At The BD. ;-;

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

im in the same boat except im new and only been playing for about a month. i was looking at getting a golden compass also and read it pairs well with Pike Pike, Essence of Esophagor, Ramtors Spellbook or Scuzzys Comb....but like....do they essentially all work the same or? coz ive looked around and all prices vary alot :/

im in the same boat except im new and only been playing for about a month. i was looking at getting a golden compass also and read it pairs well with Pike Pike, Essence of Esophagor, Ramtors Spellbook or Scuzzys Comb....but like....do they essentially all work the same or? coz ive looked around and all prices vary alot :/

Sort of. Those are all constant attack weapons, a couple are better than the others (Ramtors Spellbook, Scuzzys Comb). Golden Compass is a dual duty unlike the others, meaning that it both attacks and defends. It only defends 3 icons, but 3 icons could be the difference in a battle.

It'd be really hard to get any decent battling done if you've only been online for a month, unless you've been earning neopoints like crazy...