Selling BGC

Batman

Okay so as some of you probably know i won a BGC during the trillionftw event. I have been trying to sell it/use it as collateral for an MSPP lend. Today i was offered the Darkest Faerie Doll. It is currently selling for around 175 mil. Which is way over what the BGC is selling for (~90 mil) but i am sure it will be super difficult to sell. I need some opinions, should I accept or no?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

Hmm... I guess that depends on how long you would be willing to wait for a return on the sale. If you don't have any short-term goals, I suppose accepting the offer would be a decent long-term investment. :yes:

That said, as I recall TDN's Avatar Lending Program has needed a BGC for quite a while now. I think we're far from having enough funds to purchase one however...

Personally, I would hold off on trading for the doll, simply because it would be a lot harder to get rid of. If you're willing to wait awhile then go for it, but you could also probably get offers for ETS items that sell for less, but you could get rid of, and therefore get the profits, faster. And a BGC is an excellent thing to have as collat for other expensive avvies, if you need them. It's also a risk trading for a HTS that appears to be worth more because I find that on HTS items, the only offers I get are significantly less than the item is actually worth, simply because there's a smaller market for it.

On a side note, does anyone know how close we are to getting the BGC for the ALP? I haven't been able to donate in awhile because the shop has been empty

I strongly suggest not taking the HTS item, because if you could really get 175mil for it, why would they be offloading it for a 90mil item? HTS items have prices all over the place, and you may be seeing 175 mil because no one is biting for that price, but it is easier to sell at much lower prices.

The ALP is currently saving up for a BGC, but the shop's been empty every time I've checked for a while now...

Congrats on winning the BGC by the way.

In short, if you are feeling generous, maybe you can ask the ALP how much (or what) they can offer for your BGC (and maybe serve as downpayments? haha!).

Otherwise, I second the LOF's suggestion. It's really more of a coin flip right now as both items could either go up or down depending on what TNT does. That being said, I think BGC is still easier to have (plus the avvie is one of the most coveted ones if I'm not mistaken).

I'm not eligible to be lent a BGC even if ALP had one so I have no reason to convince you otherwise... I want to say you should keep the BGC even if the Darkest Faerie Doll is worth more. Yes, it's worth more and it will eventually probably sell. But imagine how desperate this person is to have offered you the doll for BGC which is clearly worth only half of the doll. Clearly he would have sold it for pure if he could have right? 175mil is no joke. I personally think this is a case of "too good to be true". This person probably had it for months and couldn't find a seller for it so he would rather cut his losses and take a ETS instead of a HTS.

I am confident to say, you will regret trading it when you find out how hard it is to find a (legit) buyer. The ones that are crazy hardcore enough to want a darkest faerie doll probably already have one legit or illegitimately, ex via RMT or stolen.

Neopets isn't going to mass release either of these items, they're not lab pieces or something in that sense. My theory is that while they were celebrating 1 trillion page views, they were probably also trying to drain some of the excess neopoints floating around the market. Just releasing 10-30 items isn't going to ruin an economy and player base of god knows how many users.

wow, i can't believe you won. :O very nice. was it a trade or auction?

that said, i agree with seeing how much tdn has and if you'd be willing to accept it as a "down payment" for your club. ^_^ if not, then wait; don't accept the HTS item. i'm sure you'll get someone with pure/ets if you advertise enough...i just saw someone buying one a couple weeks ago on the BD boards

I won it in auctions. I didn't know there were trades until the last day :*

And as it would seem the doll is now only going for 100 mil. thank gosh I didn't buy it. Thanks for the help guys.

This board can be closed.