Unpriced items

megalomaniak

So I like to buy/sell MPs and sometimes HTS items. Sometimes, I either get an offer that includes unpriced items. Now, I don't mind HTS (I have patience!), so I don't always want to reject it, nor am I deathly afraid of loosing money. If I'm selling at item worth around 100k and I get an unpriced item, and its not is Shop Wiz, I'll accept because I really can't loose that much.Sometimes I want to buy an item, but it;s unpriced. Then I really dont know. I don't want to offer too high because I could risk loosing a lot of money, but the seller may be willing to sell at a price that is actually a really good deal, but i dont know. Anything over 200k, I'm really really unsure, and I don't even know what I could offer (if I may be intrerested in buying) or if I should accept said offer.

How do you guys deal with this?

I know rarity is somewhat of an indicator (but it's not very good - mean, there are some r99 that are buyable and some worth millions). Similar items? Ok, so I tend to do MPs, same colour with species of similar popularity? I assume that will work for MPs and probably TPs .. but say ..books? what's a similar item there? Another book - they vary a fair bit, no?

I've asked this before in the boards. Somebody gave me an answer of amount in galleries.

But this can go both ways I think.

More in galleries == more people want to collect it/show it off/more popular item == worth more

OR

more in galleries == less rare the item == worth less

Which one is it?

So anyway, today I took a risk and offered 200k on a cloud Elephante MP. It was unpriced. I figured being a r99, it should be worth at least that. I later checked cloud bori (2 rankings above in popularity). 2 priced lots, 375k and 400k, so I think I'm ok here. I should be able to make a profit. Maybe not a huge one .. but it's not a loss. y/n? (granted, I'm not sure why you'd want a cloud elephante. i think they're kind of ugly but thats my opinion)

Anyway, any other advice?

if you want a good estimate for the price of items go here: http://items.jellyneo.net/index.php, in the search bar enter the name of your item, usually under the picture of your item will be a good estimate of the price :)

I usually ask for pure only when trading ... lots of people try to scam me out of my items by offering HTS and saying "this is worth 5 milllllllllllllon" .. ha ha .. yeah right .. if it's worth 5 mil why are you offering it on my 200k Usuki ?