I feel like I'm being consumed D:

Lemur

As you probably know I made the website oldneo.com as a fun little project

I think I underestimated its popularity and now we have so many members (signups are temporarily closed but we're moving to a join-code system to stop trolls/spammers/multiple account abuse).

I'm glad that the site is popular and that so many people like it, but now I'm being consumed.

I used to have time to lurk through all the boards here, even though I'm rather non-talkative and rarely post.

It seems now though whenever I have computer time (as in not-working/cleaning/shopping/etc), I'm always having to address user concerns, reply to their art submissions, moderate the forums.

It's becoming so much work I don't even have time to do my usual computer stuff like play video games.

What do i do? ;_;

You obviously need to hire people to help you.

You might notice if you hang around TDN forums for a while that Ian (the owner) almost never interacts with people now. It was not always like that, but life goes on... Ian now works on super cool programming to support all our crazy project ideas xD.

Awww, Lemur *hugs* You guys really need to hire more people. I know you didn't anticipate having so many users this early in the site, but popularity is a good thing! Put some of those users to work! :D

EDIT: also if you guys don't want to use my hissi design, that's fine. :) the art quality that i've been seeing lately blows my stuff out of the water so i wouldn't want to ruin that :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lemur,

I'm actively on your boards so I kind of know what you mean by being consumed.

I echo what the others said here, or maybe you can just slow down a little and take a step back. I know you don't wanna lose your user base, but if you keep going like this you just might experience a burnout and basically just exit from the whole thing.

Hope you find some competent staff. I personally e-mailed you asking if you need some help like, moderating the boards, keeping the links updated, and all that, but didn't get a response.

My application as a voluntary board mod / user concerns answerer / etc is still there, though, so just give me a PM if you'd like more information from me. :)